Pietenpol-List: John Greenlee's Piet

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: John Greenlee's Piet

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Don Emch"
Ryan, It was a tongue in cheek comment!!!! Last time I checked Phoenix valley was pretty flat. We do have mountains up Norththough and they are great to fly around. In summer we just don't land there. BTW-The story at Grand canyon was in a 180hp 172 and the Piet will suite me justfine thanks. Sincerely sorry you are having a bad day. I hope I was not the cause. Take care, Bryan--------Working Piet N5289BWhile I may not always be right, I apologize well.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: John Greenlee's Piet
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Gene Rambo
John...That is awesome to hear you are getting back on the Piet. For those ofyou not familiar his beautiful bird, check it out here...http://www.westcoastpiet.com/images/Joh ... res.htmOne thing is for sure, John's Piet may have been out of commission for a whilebut he sure is a dedicated attendee of Brodhead. Has made the trip from Texasfor almost 20 years! Yikes!Don EmchNX899DERead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Re: My Piet is out of long term storage

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: mmrally(at)nifty.com
I think there are several people asking about the gear on here right now. I have seen lots of different ways of doing it described on here=2C some more complex than others. I tried about three different ways until hitting on what I think is the easiest way. Gary is right=2C two strings from the tailpost works perfectly. I would be happy to talk on the phone to anyone who would like to discuss the way I came up with=2C but it is too complicated to write out without causing a million questions. Not saying my way is THE way=2C or even the best=2C but I tried them all and when the last idea hit=2C it was a piece of cake! Gene Rambo202-674-1445
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: My Piet is out of long term storage

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Perez
Hi Mike=2CI=92m way off getting to the fitting of the gear stage yet but I would liketo put in my opinion. (it=92s a good pre-planning excersise anyway)Looking at the drawing attachment that Bill C posted=2C I think that the ash blocks ARE angled towards the tail. To me=2C the blocks appear to be drawn at an angle plus there is an extra line drawn on the inside edge of the landing gear struts=2C which I guess would be the rear struts. If you continue that extra line down=2C it would intersect with where the ash blocks would be if they were angled toward the tail.I also think that the 42.5=94 between the ash blocks could be a reference to the distance at the point the axle crosses them.As you say=2C lots to interpret!Mark StanleyJapan