Re: Pietenpol-List: Westcoast Pietenpol flyin?

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jim Markle"
Dear group,Is it correct that the flyin at Fraiser Lake is tomorrow? I have heard no mention about it lately.Thanks,Ray Krause----- Original Message -----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Groah
Subject: RE: Pietenpol-List: right thrust offset on Continental Piet motor mountsYes Mike P., I recall building in some right offset into my motor mount jig but just not sure how much. I then addedthe washers. I'll have to measure someday when the cowling is off just what that offset is.I actually added the washers before I even flew the plane and they were so close after rigging and test flying/ adjustingthat I added that ground-adjustable aluminum trim tab on the rudder so I wouldn't have to fuss with adding washers,getting a cherry picker..etc.Mike C.________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Westcoast Pietenpol flyin?
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> ----- Original Message ----- "Jim Markle"
Yes. The west coast gathering is tomorrow. Are you going to make it?Mike Groah. Sent from my iPhoneOn Jun 1, 2012, at 10:07 AM, "Ray Krause" wrote:> > Dear group,> > Is it correct that the flyin at Fraiser Lake is tomorrow? I have heard no mentionabout it lately.> > Thanks,> > Ray Krause
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Fun Pietenpol video

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Perez
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: right thrust offset on Continental Piet motor mounts

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Hans van der Voort
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Michael Groah"
Plan to depart Colusa at around 8 AM ..... but in my Waiex.Thanks,Ray----- Original Message -----
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: cable cutting

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Mark Stanley"
I have those cutters, Oscar. And I would NOT want to shake the hand of the manwho can cut 7/8" cable with these! I used them to cut some 1" diameter heavyduty rubber air conditioning hose this evening, and while it was manageable,it was not very easy. I do believe that these cutters would easily handle 3/32"or 1/8" aircraft cable, and copper electrical cable up to about 1/2". I wouldnot care to try it on anything much more substantial than that.--------Billy McCaskillBaker, LAtail section almost done, starting on ribs soonRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Fun Pietenpol video

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jim Markle
Hi Jim,Haha....incredible Action.....good stuff!Thanks for posting .........and no, I am not on Facebook so you link was great!Mark S in Japan-----Original Message-----
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Westcoast Pietenpol flyin?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Raykrause(at)frontiernet.net
Wow=2C what a pretty plane!!! If your Piet is anywhere near as nice as the Waiex you flew to Frazier lake it will be the best in the west. It was nice to visit with you saturday. I was hurting so bad with the back problem that I was not my normal self but still enjoyed having you there. Hope you come again next year=2C hopefully with the Piet=2C if not the Waiex is a great addition to any fly in. Vic
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: V Groah
Vic,Thanks for the compliments on the Waiex. It was easy to build and a great pleasure as it was my first project after my 3rd retirement. It only took 14 months of mostly pure pleasure! Had a great trip down to Fraiser Lake and back, great flying conditions.I think you and Mike were co-hosts with Charlie for the fly in. You did a great job and I would like to contribute to the food fund (and other expenses), if it is possible.Would enjoy seeing your Piet someday, maybe next year at the fly in?I did not know about the back injury. Hope you recover completely, very soon!Thanks again,Ray Krause ----- Original Message -----
matronics

> Re: Pietenpol-List: Westcoast Pietenpol flyin?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> "Michael Groah"
> .net>> > Plan to depart Colusa at around 8 AM ..... but in my Waiex.> > Thanks=2C> > Ray> ----- Original Message -----
matronics

> Re: Pietenpol-List: Westcoast Pietenpol flyin?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: > "Michael Groah"
> > > Plan to depart Colusa at around 8 AM ..... but in my Waiex. > > Thanks, > > Ray > ----- Original Message -----