Pietenpol-List: RE: Insurance requirements

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: RE: Insurance requirements

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: woodflier(at)aol.com
Subject: Pietenpol-List: what's great about this whole Pietenpol thingI can't help but think of all the guys who were further along in the process of building when I startedto build who helped me out along the way-Frank Pavliga was instrumental in guiding me thru the buildingprocess sharing what he and his father learned and each one of you can tell a story of one, two, maybe10 people who helped you as you got started and now along the way.The Piet group has always been like family almost where you start helping a person or they help you thenyou become friends because of your common interests and goals and then when you're well along in theprocess you can in turn reach back and help the newer builders in the same way.Very cool stuff.Now get back to making sawdust and burning yourself on hot metal fittings:)!Mike C.________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: RE: Insurance requirements
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack Phillips"
Gary, I insured 629ML through AUA Insurance in Birmingham, AL. I have another airplane with them so I did get a good rate, but there was no time-in-type requirement. They did want to know total tailwheeltime, since the other airplane they insure is a nose dragger. But they did insure it for the first flight onward. One tip to cut insurance cost, since you can't carry passengers 40 hours, you can opt to delete anycoverage for passenger liability or injury until you've flown off your time. Saves a few bucks. My policyallowed me to add that coverage after the test period. Also, I opted for hull coverage for not-in-motion only. Protects it if the hangar burns, or it gets damaged tied down but notwhile taxiing or flying. That was pretty cheap comparatively. And like Kevin said, the more time you have inthe airplane, the lower the rate will be if you want to add full coverage later on. Matt PaxtonOn Jun 21, 2012, at 2:19 PM, gboothe5(at)comcast.net wrote:> > Assuming that it is near impossible to find a CFI who can/will climb into thefront cockpit, how are others getting thru the requirement of 5 hrs dual in makeand model for liability insurance?> > Gary from Cool________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: what is a BFR Jack?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Biennial Flight Review (now just called a Flight Review by the FAA).Required every 24 calendar months in order to carry passengers.Jack PhillipsNX899JPSmith Mountain Lake, Virginia _____
matronics

Pietenpol-List: what is a BFR Jack?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: shad bell
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: what's great about this whole Pietenpol thing

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "pineymb"
Subject: RE: Pietenpol-List: Re: what's great about this whole Pietenpol thingI thank you as well Jerry for the kind words and I'm sure now you're going topass the torch of whatever knowledge you have to the next batch of Pietenpolbuilders.After going thru this whole process you realize that you've not just built anairplane but lasting relationships with some good people. You gravitate to theother builders approach their project and think along the same lines as you doand in my case I could tell right away that Jack Phillips was on the same trackas I was so we would compare notes off list to help each other and eventually weflew formation together in 2005 from Cleveland to Brodhead arriving as a flightof two overhead and then circled to land for Jack's first appearance at Brodhead.You can't beat that for capping off of project well done with the help of somesolid, fun, and enjoyable people.For those of you who are attending Brodhead for the first time next month, Docand Dee Mosher do a fantastic job helping this event to happen and when you registeryou'll get a name tag to wear. Some of the best things about this list are whenyou get to put that name tag and face together and shake that hand of someone onthe list you've been reading and responding to for months, in some cases years.There are a few MUST-meet people on this list...and I'm really blessed to be friendswith many of them.Mike C.________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: what's great about this whole Pietenpol thing
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Insurance requirements

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "AircamperN11MS"
> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> ca>> > Hmmm... why did you paint "Travel Air" on the fin of your Pietenpol=2C Gene? That's confusing. > > Gene wrote:> > > You think painting the name on the tail is going to let anyone know what it is?? I've got "Travel Air" in big letters on the fin and still get "what is it=2C a Stearman?" all the time.> > > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 480#376480> > > > > > > ============================================> > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Insurance requirements