Pietenpol-List: Mtn Piet wing repair update

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Mtn Piet wing repair update

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Greg Bacon
Hey Guys,Here's a quick update:This weekend I covered the center section (see attached photos). -I switched from Poly Fiber to Stewart Systems. -I met Rick (last name Schreiber I think) at Brodhead this year, and he sold me on the Stewart Systems covering process. -Because of the fumes from the Poly Fiber products, I was planning to move the wing out of the basement and into the barn. -This presented a hold up until I made the barn suitable for wing work. -There are no fumes with the Stewart Systems stuff, so I'm carrying on with the covering process in our basement. -This saved a bunch of work for me. -Thank you Rick!! -By the way, I'll make someone a good deal on some unopened Poly Fiber products. -Paint will be latex to match the rest of the plane. -John Dilatush (Mtn Piet builder) used latex with a flexing agent additive. -Another plug for Stewart Systems - The 6 disk video set is very good, and I've spoken with Dan Stewart a couple of times. -He's patient and very willing to help.=0AOverall, I'm pleased with the result so far. -I still have to apply finish tape around the edges. -The trailing edge cutout was a challenge. -Hope it looks ok when painted.=0A-- Greg Bacon=0A=0A________________________________________________________________________________Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 12:08:07 -0500Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Mtn Piet wing repair update
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Mtn Piet wing repair update

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Greg Bacon
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Mtn Piet wing repair update
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: johnwoods(at)westnet.com.au
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Mtn Piet wing repair update

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Perez
>>> Hey Guys,>> Here's a quick update:>> This weekend I covered the center section (see attached photos). I> switched from Poly Fiber to Stewart Systems. I met Rick (last name> Schreiber I think) at Brodhead this year, and he sold me on the Stewart> Systems covering process. Because of the fumes from the Poly Fiber> products, I was planning to move the wing out of the basement and into the> barn. This presented a hold up until I made the barn suitable for wing> work. There are no fumes with the Stewart Systems stuff, so I'm carrying> on with the covering process in our basement. This saved a bunch of work> for me. Thank you Rick!! By the way, I'll make someone a good deal on> some unopened Poly Fiber products. Paint will be latex to match the rest> of the plane. John Dilatush (Mtn Piet builder) used latex with a flexing> agent additive. Another plug for Stewart Systems - The 6 disk video set is> very good, and I've spoken with Dan Stewart a couple of times. He's> patient and very willing to help.>> Overall, I'm pleased with the result so far. I still have to apply finish> tape around the edges. The trailing edge cutout was a challenge. Hope it> looks ok when painted.>> --> Greg Bacon>>> *>> *>>-- Greg Bacon________________________________________________________________________________Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 10:43:29 -0700 (PDT)