Pietenpol-List: Aircraft Log

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Aircraft Log

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "John Francis"
Hey guys... just a note..http://www.ellisracingproducts.com/this is the guy that made my radiator.. he's into RC planes too and knows whata piet is... fast and i think the quality is nicelightweightjeffRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Aircraft Log
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gary Boothe"
With mykitplane crashing and my log lost, I am looking for another log source thatis mac friendly. I was looking at facebook this morning and am consideringkeeping my log there. Has anyone tried this?--------John FrancisRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Aircraft Log

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
John,I put a few pictures on FB (OK, 89 to be exact) in an album for my plane.That would be plenty to convince anyone that I built it, but so would acollection of images in a 'folder' on your computer. One could easily designa simple Excel sheet that would keep track of hours and dollars, too. Funnything is...my FAA inspector never even opened my photo album to view thebuild pictures!! Nor was he interested in the stack of receipts; but that'sall it would take to satisfy the requirement of proving that you built it.Gary BootheNX308MB-----Original Message-----
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Aircraft Log

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ryan Mueller
>> I see on your Web site that you were talking with the Vice President and> Chief Technician of Falcon Insurance. I'm wondering how insurance companies> are feeling these days toward your Corvair conversion, and if you have a> feel for what kind of difference in rates a person might expect to pay, say> comparing to an O-200 installation? In my case we're talking about a> Christavia Mk 1 installation. I know it's probably depending a lot on the> type of airframe and other factors, but could you say anything at all> regarding any progress made on the insurance rate aspect of the Corvair?>> Thanks! Mike Sharkey, Ontario, Canada>> Reply from WW:> We've been in continuous contact with Falcon on this issue. Although it> has been reported that Falcon will not insure some types of automotive> powered aircraft, my understanding is that they look at it on a case by> case basis. Several Corvair builders, including Mark Jones (KR-2S tri-gear)> and Randy Stout (Zenair 601HD tri-gear), have purchased insurance through> Falcon for their aircraft. I spent some time speaking in person with Bob> Mackey, Falcon VP, at the LSA Expo in Sebring, Fla. In several follow up> phone calls, Bob quoted us a very reasonable rate for our Corvair powered> 601. The rate was not significantly different than what we pay Falcon to> insure Grace's 1946 Taylorcraft. Bob explained that the primary component> was the fact that both aircraft are taildraggers. Tricycle geared aircraft> owners could expect a lower rate. The policy came with some small> stipulations about time in type training that were more than reasonable. If> you're interested in insurance, I sugges!> t you contact him directly at EAA HQ for the straight scoop.">> I realize that is an older post. I would recommend that you email William> Wynne and ask him directly about insurance options for Corvair powered> aircraft. I seem to recall he wrote recently that there is someone that> insuring Corvair powered aircraft fairly readily. I think he had a recent> discussion about it on his website, or on his blog at> FLyCorvair.net>> --------> Semper Fi,>> Terry Hand> Athens, GA>>> Read this topic online here:>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:40:41 -0500Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Aircraft Log