Pietenpol-List: Thank you guys!!

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Thank you guys!!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Perez
Thank you all for your kind words, they are much valued and appreciated!!Thank you all who let me "pick your brains" through the years, over and overand over. and over and never got irritated but just kept helping.Thank you to all of you who helped in any way, big or small to get herrebuilt.Thank you all for the rides and encouragement through the years.It is truly a great feeling, but it was a bit surreal, like it just kind ofhappened and before I knew it I was landing. Yesterday morning's flightswere almost more real and relaxing as I was over the airfield and notferrying her over unknown territory.Regarding the trim.. The servo is in the left elevator, inboard. There isa inspection cover so I can get to it. I purchased a short length ofrobotic wire designed for movement (talcum powder inside between the wires).The wire comes out of the moveable surface right at the inner corner andthen drops down under and goes into a small hole in the ply on the side ofthe tailpost in the fuse. There are inspection holes on the fuse back therefor access to tailwheel bolts, elevator bolts etc and inside there are twoquick connects to the permanently mounted wire that runs forward to theswitch so I can just reach in there and "unplug" the servo if I need toremove the elevator.Will keep reporting as I gradually acquire accurate flight info, and sendingpics!Douwe________________________________________________________________________________Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 04:54:25 -0700 (PDT)