Pietenpol-List: The gift of wood!

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: The gift of wood!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Gerry Holland
Subject: Pietenpol-List: The gift of wood!Group, There is never an end to the generosity displayed by builders. My ribs, tail group,center section, fittings and control system were all built and I was preparingto order spar blanks from Aircraft Spruce to commence the winter buildingseason. One of my fellow airline pilots and former military colleagues who had been buildinga piet as well advised me he was giving up on the project. In one of hismany moves from base to base, his fuselage had been crushed by the movers beyondrepair. Children and a home renovation entered his life and he decided tothrow in the building towel. While flying together yesterday he asked me if I would take his left over spruce.Of course I said yes and after our trip, followed him to his house where heopened his garage door. There on his shelf were four 14 foot long perfect sparblanks! "There yours," he said. "I just want to see them go in to a planethat will be completed". To say I was overwhelmed is an understatement. At the same time, his generosityis nothing short of what I've seen on many occasions from this group. For me the spars are worth not just the savings in wood but also serve as a shotin the arm from a fellow piet friend to "get on with it"!!! Wing pictures and spar questions to follow. Life is very good. Scott Knowlton ________________________________________________________________________________