Pietenpol-List: fuel capacity

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: fuel capacity

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: George Abernathy
I too bumped up my fuel capacity when it looked as if CO move MIGHT be inthe future. I have about 20 gallons in a bumped out center section tank ofaluminum (feeding a C-90 which drinks more). I am well aware that I willrarely fill it all the way up, BUT I do anticipate the occasional time whenI want to "bite the bullet" and fly some long legs just to "get there", likegoing to Brodhead. Also, as Ken mentioned, there are many places in thecountry where 30 minutes reserve at Piet speeds seems pretty nominal.Another point regarding "the extra weight" of a larger tank. Whilefabricating my tank, I weighed it with shorter "normal" sides and with thetaller sides to allow 20 gallons and the weight difference was minimal.Maybe I'm hauling around an extra pound or two.Definitely a decision based upon your location, trip planning habits, resaleplans and. bladder capacity.DouwePs. Is Ryan a "pendanterist"???________________________________________________________________________________Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 12:54:59 -0800 (PST)