Re: Pietenpol-List: Attacking in a new direction? (No doping here just

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Attacking in a new direction? (No doping here just

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ken Bickers
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Attacking in a new direction? (No doping here just latex)OK after several years of sitting on the fence I made the leap. I purchased JohnKuhfahl's Pietenpol project. John has fixed everything right. He did all the technical stuff. John did a a greatjob, he pulled off anything that he thought needed work and redid it. Hisstandards are very high. I am very fortunate to have been in a position in mylife where I was able to get this great plane. I happened to have the money,a place to work on the plane and my wife was in a good mood (I bought her a newcar. while I drive a tiny old Corolla and a 24 year old Suburban.) John overhauled the Continental A65. It is a total job, carb and mags were overhauledas well. John has a very good reputation here in this area for his enginework, especially on small Continentals. He totally restored an Ercoupe toshow winning quality. It is my intention to complete what needs to be done to fly safely, then I willfinish assembly and go fly. Then I will come back and look at such things aspaint jobs, upholstery and other trim items. I do want to put heel brakes in thefront cockpit. Later, for now I will do what I need to to get it flying. Ina month, I will be moving out of this blasted apartment into a place with a garage.I will bring the plane there so that I can get work done every day. I hopeto have it pretty much ready in three months. John and I have been friends for years and we feel like it has been kept "withinthe family." I hangar my Bonanza at 8t8 where John lives and has his hangar.I am buying a hangar there and have many friends there. Indeed the plane wasbegun by the 8T8 EAA chapter (35) and when they stalled, it was taken over bythe chapter president. He completed it about 1975. It was later sold to anouther8T8 pilot. He flew it until about 1993 and then stuck it in his garage. Johnbought it from him about 2 years ago and started work. I don't think it hasever been based anywhere but 8T8.Blue Skies,Steve D________________________________________________________________________________Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 19:59:04 -0700Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Attacking in a new direction? (No doping here justlatex)