Pietenpol-List: Fw: 66% Off Welding Classes at Vesper College

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Fw: 66% Off Welding Classes at Vesper College

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steals from StarTribune
For all of you located in the Mpls Mn. area this may be of some help. I got it today.Dick N.----- Original Message -----
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: powder coating is almost impossible to remove

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ken Bickers
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: powder coating is almost impossible to remove
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: corvair eyebrows

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gary Boothe"
Gary, I just temporarily fastened my fin to the stabilizer and fuselage and my offset is 15/16 inch. That is as close to 1 inch as I can get without making some more fittings -- which I don't want to do. Now, when I install the rudder to make the rudder cables do I line the rudder up with the fin to get the center rudder pedal position or do I line the rudder up with the fuselage center line? Chuck----- Original Message -----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> ----- Original Message ----- "Gary Boothe"
Center the rudder to fuse.GarySent from my iPhoneOn Feb 27, 2013, at 1:06 PM, "C N Campbell" wrote:> > Gary, I just temporarily fastened my fin to the stabilizer and fuselage and myoffset is 15/16 inch. That is as close to 1 inch as I can get without makingsome more fittings -- which I don't want to do. Now, when I install the rudderto make the rudder cables do I line the rudder up with the fin to get thecenter rudder pedal position or do I line the rudder up with the fuselage centerline? Chuck
matronics

>> Re: RE: Pietenpol-List: corvair eyebrows

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:>>> TOM STINEMETZE > Subject: Re: RE: Pietenpol-List: corvair eyebrows>> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com>>>>>>>>>> Whoops, my bad. A Corvair normally turns clockwise when viewed from the >>> front.>>>>>> Stinemetze>>>>>>>>>>>> "Dortch, Steven D MAJ MIL USA NGB" >>>>> >>>>> Which way does a crank snapper rotate?>>>>>> Normally a plane in climb with a real engine (I am a contenental snob.) >>> climbs with the prop pushing more air in the right side than the left >>> due to the relative angle of the blade to the wind. Resulting in cooler >>> temps on the right side.>>>>>> Blue Skies,>>> Steve D>>>>>> ----- Original Message -----
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: corvair eyebrows

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Gary Boothe
>>> Subject: RE: Pietenpol-List: corvair eyebrows>>> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com>>>>>>>>>> Barry and Rick:>>>>>>>> I recall reading a post by William Wynne where he discusses the >>>> advantages of having the two eyebrow areas interconnected for more >>>> balanced>>>> cooling. I don't remember all of his reasoning but it included>>>> the cooling difference per inlet in a climb attitude caused by the>>>> reduced pitch of the upward moving blade compared to the increased>>>> pitch of the downward moving blade. As a consequence, the hottest>>>> side of the Corvair engine in the highest power regime (climb) is>>>> the right cylinder bank which is where detonation normally occurs>>>> first. He suggested, at the very least, connecting the two sides>>>> via a scat tube to allow the higher pressure side to help cool the>>>> lower pressure side.>>>>>>>> Has anybody on the list tried this?>>>>>>>> Tom Stinemetze>>>> N328X>>>> McPherson, KS.>>>>>>>>>>> ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: corvair eyebrows
matronics

>>> Re: RE: Pietenpol-List: corvair eyebrows

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:>>>> TOM STINEMETZE >> Subject: Re: RE: Pietenpol-List: corvair eyebrows>>> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com>>> >>> >>>> >>>> Whoops, my bad. A Corvair normally turns clockwise when viewed from the front.>>>> >>>> Stinemetze>>>> >>>> >>>>>>> "Dortch, Steven D MAJ MIL USA NGB" >>>>>> >>>> Which way does a crank snapper rotate?>>>> >>>> Normally a plane in climb with a real engine (I am a contenental snob.) climbswith the prop pushing more air in the right side than the left due to therelative angle of the blade to the wind. Resulting in cooler temps on the rightside.>>>> >>>> Blue Skies,>>>> Steve D>>>> >>>> ----- Original Message -----
matronics

>>>> RE: Pietenpol-List: corvair eyebrows

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Cuy, Michael D. (GRC-RXD0)[Vantage Partners, LLC]"
>>>> Subject: RE: Pietenpol-List: corvair eyebrows>>>> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com>>>> >>>> >>>>> Barry and Rick:>>>>> >>>>> I recall reading a post by William Wynne where he discusses the advantagesof having the two eyebrow areas interconnected for more balanced>>>>> cooling. I don't remember all of his reasoning but it included>>>>> the cooling difference per inlet in a climb attitude caused by the>>>>> reduced pitch of the upward moving blade compared to the increased>>>>> pitch of the downward moving blade. As a consequence, the hottest>>>>> side of the Corvair engine in the highest power regime (climb) is>>>>> the right cylinder bank which is where detonation normally occurs>>>>> first. He suggested, at the very least, connecting the two sides>>>>> via a scat tube to allow the higher pressure side to help cool the>>>>> lower pressure side.>>>>> >>>>> Has anybody on the list tried this?>>>>> >>>>> Tom Stinemetze>>>>> N328X>>>>> McPherson, KS.> > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________