Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Ash fuse gear block mounts... Just realized are

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Ash fuse gear block mounts... Just realized are

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: shad bell
The plans in the 1932 Flying and Glider Manual showthe steel straps across the top of the cross-members.My understanding is that they are there to tie the leftand right wing struts together, not the landing gear asthe stress there is in compression while the lower strutfittings, indeed, the entire strut system, is in tensionwhile in the air.Clif>> Thanks guys... I was thinking that I might lay a .090 steel strap over the > top of the ash and use plenty of bolts to sandich the ash block, but it > sounds like some of yu are using 3/4" ash, so maybe it is a moot point. I > just needed to have some input as to whether I was in the "safe" zone. I > plan to make the bottom steel straps all the way across the belly as well, > as I can see hard landings potentially an issue with my skill set :?>> Thanks for the feedback.>> Mark>>> Read this topic online here:>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 354#402354>>> -----> No virus found in this message.> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com> ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 21:35:39 -0700 (PDT)