Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Pietflyer1977"
I had the exact same thing happen to my Model A. Looked just the same. The other3 pistons were all in the beginning stages and were not far behind the firstone. After getting apart I found that the piston to wall clearance on a A isonly .002. And seamed way to tight to me. I had all my cylinders honed out to.004 for more clearance due to running hard for a period of time. But after thinkingabout it for a long time because I never really knew that caused it, itwas really bugging me. And I got to thinking one night that with all the troubleI have on a daily basis with China made parts in my business I wonder it somethingis up with the new China made pistons? ( that is all you can buy thesedays ) Maybe the alloy is not right and these pistons are not expanding etc.at the correct rates? My opinion is that something is up with the new pistons( maybe not ) but I just don't know. Haven't ran mine again yet but if I wasyou I would search high and low to find some NOS parts to rebuild your engine.Hope you don't have any more trouble and would like to hear progress reportsof how it's going.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: > Pietflyer1977
--> Pietenpol-List message posted by: "skipgadd(at)earthlink.net" Ed Delancey and I are planning to drive up Friday. That is if the power here comes back on and I can leave Cinda home alone. Skip > [Original Message]
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Pietflyer1977
--> Pietenpol-List message postedby: "skipgadd(at)earthlink.net"Ed Delancey and I are planning to drive up Friday. That isif the powerhere comes back on and I can leave Cinda home alone.Skip[Original Message]
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Pietflyer1977
Ed Delancey and I are planning to drive up Friday. That is if the powerhere comes back on and I can leave Cinda home alone.Skip> [Original Message]
matronics

> RE: Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:>> Pietflyer1977
Does anyone know about the field conditions at Brodhead? Have they had as muchrain as everyone else? I will need a sub to get out of the Atlanta area . Cheers,GardinerSent from my iPadOn Jul 11, 2013, at 9:55 AM, shad bell wrote:> > I am planning on flying the piet up on saturday morning if the runway dries out.we have had 3- 4 inches of rain in the past week. Does anyone know if Barberfield is a giant wet sponge at this point?> > Shad> NX92GB> --------------------------------------------> On Thu, 7/11/13, skipgadd(at)earthlink.net wrote:> > Subject: RE: Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> Date: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 8:39 AM> > --> Pietenpol-List message posted> by: "skipgadd(at)earthlink.net"> > > Ed Delancey and I are planning to drive up Friday. That is> if the power> here comes back on and I can leave Cinda home alone.> Skip> > >> [Original Message]
matronics

>> RE: Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:>>> Pietflyer1977
I am based 60 north of Brodhead. We were in bad shape up until the past weekend. All seems good now and it should be dry here for the next week (according to the forecast). Sunday was the first day I was able to take theRocket out since May, it has been so wet.The real problem this year will be the mosquitos. The rain has made a real good crop this year.John HofmannVice-President, Information TechnologyThe Rees Group, Inc.2424 American LaneMadison, WI 53704Phone: 608.443.2468 ext 150Fax: 608.443.2474Email: jhofmann(at)reesgroupinc.comOn Jul 11, 2013, at 10:38 AM, airlion2(at)gmail.com wrote:> > Does anyone know about the field conditions at Brodhead? Have they had as much rain as everyone else? I will need a sub to get out of the Atlanta area . Cheers, Gardiner> > Sent from my iPad> > On Jul 11, 2013, at 9:55 AM, shad bell wrote:> >> >> I am planning on flying the piet up on saturday morning if the runway dries out. we have had 3- 4 inches of rain in the past week. Does anyone know if Barber field is a giant wet sponge at this point?>> >> Shad>> NX92GB>> -------------------------------------------->> On Thu, 7/11/13, skipgadd(at)earthlink.net wrote:>> >> Subject: RE: Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in>> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com>> Date: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 8:39 AM>> >> --> Pietenpol-List message posted>> by: "skipgadd(at)earthlink.net">> >> >> Ed Delancey and I are planning to drive up Friday. That is>> if the power>> here comes back on and I can leave Cinda home alone.>> Skip>> >> >>> [Original Message]
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: John Hofmann
I'll chop'em up with this.Dan HelsperPuryear, TN-----Original Message-----
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: shad bell
> Subject: Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in>>> Is anyone in the Midwest going to the Barber Airport fly-in this weekendin Alliance, OH ? Anyone ever go? A good fly-in with a good turn out? Thanks>>> Read this topic online here:>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 06:55:03 -0700 (PDT)
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: airlion2(at)gmail.com
> Subject: Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in > "Pietflyer1977" > > Is anyone in the Midwest going to the Barber Airport fly-in this weekend in Alliance, OH ? Anyone ever go? A good fly-in with a good turn out? Thanks > > > > > Read this topic online here: > > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 431#404431 > > > > > > > > > > Email Forum - - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS - List Contribution Web Site - -Matt Dralle, List Admin.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

>> Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: John Hofmann
>> Subject: Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in>> > "Pietflyer1977" >> >> Is anyone in the Midwest going to the Barber Airport> fly-in this weekend> in Alliance, OH ? Anyone ever go? A good fly-in with a good> turn out? Thanks>> >> >> >> >> Read this topic online here:>> >> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 431#404431> > > > Email Forum -> - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -> List Contribution Web Site -> -Matt> Dralle, List Admin.> > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: helspersew(at)aol.com
>>> Subject: Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in>>> >> "Pietflyer1977" >>> >>> Is anyone in the Midwest going to the Barber Airport>> fly-in this weekend>> in Alliance, OH ? Anyone ever go? A good fly-in with a good>> turn out? Thanks>>> >>> >>> >>> >>> Read this topic online here:>>> >>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 431#404431>> >> >> >> Email Forum ->> - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS ->> List Contribution Web Site ->> -Matt>> Dralle, List Admin.>> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in
matronics

> > > RE: Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> > > > Pietflyer1977
> > > > > > --> Pietenpol-List message posted> > > by: "skipgadd(at)earthlink.net(blockedmailto:skipgadd(at)earthlink.net)"> > > > > > > > > Ed Delancey and I are planning to drive up Friday. That is> > > if the power> > > here comes back on and I can leave Cinda home alone.> > > Skip> > > > > > > > > > > > > [Original Message]
matronics

> > > RE: Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> > > > Pietflyer1977
> > >> > > --> Pietenpol-List message posted> > > by: "skipgadd(at)earthlink.net(blockedmailto:skipgadd(at)earthlink.net)"> > > > > >> > > Ed Delancey and I are planning to drive up Friday. That is> > > if the power> > > here comes back on and I can leave Cinda home alone.> > > Skip> > >> > >> > >> > > > [Original Message]
matronics

>> > > RE: Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:>> > > > Pietflyer1977 > > >
>> > >>> > > --> Pietenpol-List message posted>> > > by: "skipgadd(at)earthlink.net(blockedmailto:skipgadd(at)earthlink.net)">> > > >> > >>> > > Ed Delancey and I are planning to drive up Friday. That is>> > > if the power>> > > here comes back on and I can leave Cinda home alone.>> > > Skip>> > >>> > >>> > >>> > > > [Original Message]
matronics

> >> > > RE: Pietenpol-List: Alliance Ohio Fly-in

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> >> > > > Pietflyer1977 > > > >> > >> >> > > --> Pietenpol-List message posted> >> > > by: "skipgadd(at)earthlink.net(blockedmailto:skipgadd(at)earthlink.net)"> >> > > > >> > >> >> > > Ed Delancey and I are planning to drive up Friday. That is> >> > > if the power> >> > > here comes back on and I can leave Cinda home alone.> >> > > Skip> >> > >> >> > >> >> > >> >> > > > [Original Message]
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> >> > > > Pietflyer1977 > > >
> >> > >> >> > > --> Pietenpol-List message posted> >> > > by: "skipgadd(at)earthlink.net(blockedmailto:skipgadd(at)earthlink.net(javascript:main.compose())"> >> > > > >> > >> >> > > Ed Delancey and I are planning to drive up Friday. That is> >> > > if the power> >> > > here comes back on and I can leave Cinda home alone.> >> > > Skip> >> > >> >> > >> >> > >> >> > > > [Original Message]
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> >> > > > Pietflyer1977 > > > >> > >> >> > > --> Pietenpol-List message posted> >> > > by: "skipgadd(at)earthlink.net(blockedmailto:skipgadd(at)earthlink.net(javascript:main.compose())"> >> > > > >> > >> >> > > Ed Delancey and I are planning to drive up Friday. That is> >> > > if the power> >> > > here comes back on and I can leave Cinda home alone.> >> > > Skip> >> > >> >> > >> >> > >> >> > > > [Original Message]