=?utf-8?Q?Re:_Pietenpol-List:_4.jpg_640=C3=83-480_pixels?

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

=?utf-8?Q?Re:_Pietenpol-List:_4.jpg_640=C3=83-480_pixels?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jim Birke
Nice Ship Glenn, good luck...Sent from my iPhoneOn Sep 22, 2013, at 10:09 AM, "ChiefH" wrote:> > Gentlemen,> > The picture is of N4089P, built by Dave Adams, based at KGWW.> > I purchased it in somewhat flying condition and have spent many hours makingit my own. Mostly minor mods such as installing a handheld radio bracket andputting a PTT in the stick.> > As to the speculation:> > The engine is a Franklin 4AC-199E, 90hp. Electric start, though no electricsystem. The black box low down behind the engine is a battery that takes groundpower to charge and is used to start the engine and operate the handheld. A full charge will crank the engine more times than I have had need of as yet.> > The brake pedal thing is, in fact, a brake pedal thing. Operated by cable toheel brakes. There are two independent brake systems, right and left.> > There is no fuel primer system. The carb has an accelerator pump that does thejob nicely.> > The wing is a Clark Y.> > The only "lead in the tail" is in the pilots tail. She balances nicely on theground but I am told it is a "little" nose heavy in flight. I have not takenit up myself but hope to get a test pilot to take it up for me soon and do theinitial evaluation of the rigging. I had to take the wings off to transportit to its current location and being a low time Sport Pilot with no time in aPiet, I thought it prudent to have a test pilot do an evaluation for me. Volunteers?> > Any and all questions will be answered to the best of my limited ability.> > --------> Glenn> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 980#408980> > > > > Attachments: > > http://forums.matronics.com//files/sky_scout_308.jpg> > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 14:51:32 -0400