Pietenpol-List: Waterjet brake rotor....

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Waterjet brake rotor....

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "aerocarjake"
The words Pietenpol and speed should never be used in the same sentence. They have nothing in common unless you'retalking about slow speeds:).Two quick war stories. Flying up to Oshkosh with my Piet one year I was heading north in Wisconsin and my headwind was SOstrong that I got passed up by a school bus on a country road going N-S. What a school bus was doing out in late July was beyondme but it passed me. I was traveling just to the left of a straight, two lane road and my headwind had me down to probably45 mph ground speed.Coming back from Barber Field in Alliance Ohio one fine Saturday in the summertime to my home base near Cleveland I spotteda weird object way out ahead of me. It looked like a hot air balloon but had things sticking out on four sides. I was gaining onsomething! A hot air balloon is easy prey in a Piet but this was a bigger fish......it was the Goodyear blimp. The new one at the timewith the X shaped tail fins. I was not only able to catch up to this airship but I was able to PASS it and what a feeling of air superiorityit gave me. Okay, not really but it was better than being passed up by a school bus.Carry on good people,Mike C.Ohio[cid:image001.jpg(at)01CF3483.32EF2FD0]________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Waterjet brake rotor....