Pietenpol-List: Old BPA newsletters

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Brian Kenney
This is an idea for discussion. I have a large binder of Buckeye Pietenpol Newsletters.I would like to see them scanned and put somewhere on the net for publicaccess. There is a lot of timeless information in them. I would be willingto do some or all of the work to do this but I have no idea the best way todo this and what the reaction would be if I did it. Your comments are welcome.Perhaps this has already been discussed.--------Brian KenneyRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Old BPA newsletters

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> brian.kenney(at)live.ca
I am all in favor of this. I have an incomplete set I would be willing to contribute to the effort.Lorenzo> Subject: Pietenpol-List: Old BPA newsletters
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Old BPA newsletters

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> kipandbeth(at)earthlink.net
Are the rights owned by him personally? Or by the BPA?Lorenzo
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Old BPA newsletters

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> > kipandbeth(at)earthlink.net
As I said, this has all been discussed before, it's in the archives. He asserts the rights to all the issues that were published by him, he essentially WAS the BPA at the time, and copyright law is pretty clear that he can assert those rights. I have no idea how Frank Pavliga would feel about the copying of the issues published when his Dad was the editor.Kip GardnerOn Mar 8, 2014, at 5:52 PM, larharris2 Harris wrote:> Are the rights owned by him personally? Or by the BPA?>> Lorenzo>>
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> > kipandbeth(at)earthlink.net
Can copyrights for a nonprofit org member communications be owned by an individual or does that belong to the org?Sent from my iPhone> On Mar 8, 2014, at 2:52 PM, larharris2 Harris wrote:> > Are the rights owned by him personally? Or by the BPA?> > Lorenzo> > >
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Old BPA newsletters

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> brian.kenney(at)live.ca
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Old BPA newslettersIf those are the lost issues, Dan Halsper is your man. Entrusted with only the most secret of secret documents and informational treasures. you need to be talking to Dan the man! Please make sure you tell him that I sent youJohn In a message dated 3/8/2014 5:49:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, larharris2(at)msn.com writes:I am all in favor of this. I have an incomplete set I would be willing to contribute to the effort.Lorenzo> Subject: Pietenpol-List: Old BPA newsletters
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Old BPA newsletters

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: kipandbeth(at)earthlink.net
Ok let's not debate the ownership of the old newslettersI would still like input on how to download information that is available with permission for access by others. Is this blog the best way to do it or is there a better way? Brian
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steven Dortch
Here is what I propose, if the 2 of you are willing to share. I am willing to paythe postage to get both sets of newsletters together. I will pay to send themto my address. I will then pay the postage to get them to the next guy. Whenhe is done, then he pays to mail it on to the next guy, etc, etc.By doing it that way, nobody reimburses anybody for postage, they just pay tosend it on.Lest you think I am being pushy to be the first in line, that is why I am willingto pay for postage to me as well as from me to the next guy. I am also willingto collect the names and addresses of those builders interested in being apart of the mobile library.Let us know if you think that would work. But thanks for considering the possibilityof sharing your newsletters.--------Semper Fi,Terry HandAthens, GARead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 19:13:14 -0600Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Old BPA newsletters
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Old BPA newsletters

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Brian C-FAUK"
I will be doing it again for I friend. I will take some pictures as I go. =0A=0A=0A=0A============0A============0A============0A============0A=0A ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Old BPA newsletters
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: larharris2 Harris
> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> a>> > This is an idea for discussion. I have a large binder of Buckeye Pietenpol Newsletters. I would like to see them scanned and put somewhere on the net for public access. There is a lot of timeless information in them. I would be willing to do some or all of the work to do this but I have no idea the best way to do this and what the reaction would be if I did it. Your comments are welcome.> > Perhaps this has already been discussed.> > --------> Brian Kenney> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 012#420012> > > > > > > ============================================> > > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

> > Re: Pietenpol-List: Old BPA newsletters

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: glenschweizer(at)yahoo.com
> >> >> >> > This has been hashed over many times in the past. Grant McClaren, a> > past publisher of the BPA News, won't allow this type of copying.> > It's too bad, but he feels that he was done wrong by the Piet> > community some years ago & asserts his copyright rights.> >> > Kip Gardner> >> > On Mar 8, 2014, at 5:04 PM, Brian C-FAUK wrote:> >> > > >> > >> > > This is an idea for discussion. I have a large binder of Buckeye> > > Pietenpol Newsletters. I would like to see them scanned and put> > > somewhere on the net for public access. There is a lot of timeless> > > information in them. I would be willing to do some or all of the> > > work to do this but I have no idea the best way to do this and > what> > > the reaction would be if I did it. Your comments are welcome.> > >> > > Perhaps this has already been discussed.> > >> > > --------> > > Brian Kenney> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > Read this topic online here:> > >> > > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 012#420012> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> >> >> >> >>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Old BPA newsletters

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "jarheadpilot82"
> > arthlink.net>> > > > This has been hashed over many times in the past. Grant McClaren, a > > past publisher of the BPA News, won't allow this type of copying. > > It's too bad, but he feels that he was done wrong by the Piet > > community some years ago & asserts his copyright rights.> > > > Kip Gardner> > > > On Mar 8, 2014, at 5:04 PM, Brian C-FAUK wrote:> > e.ca > > > >> > >> > > This is an idea for discussion. I have a large binder of Buckeye > > > Pietenpol Newsletters. I would like to see them scanned and put > > > somewhere on the net for public access. There is a lot of timeless > > > information in them. I would be willing to do some or all of the > > > work to do this but I have no idea the best way to do this and what > > > the reaction would be if I did it. Your comments are welcome.> > >> > > Perhaps this has already been discussed.> > >> > > --------> > > Brian Kenney> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > Read this topic online here:> > >> > > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 012#420012> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > > > > > > > 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D> ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Old BPA newsletters
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Brian Kenney
> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> > --> Pietenpol-List message posted by: "Brian C-FAUK" > > This is an idea for discussion. I have a large binder of Buckeye Pietenpol Newsletters. I would like to see them scanned and put somewhere on thenet for public access. There is a lot of timeless information in them. I would be willing to do some or all of the work to do this but I have no idea the best way to do this and what the reaction would be if I did it. Your comments are welcome.> > Perhaps this has already been discussed.> > --------> Brian Kenney> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 012#420012> > > > > > > >======================&g======> > > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> kipandbeth(at)earthlink.net
As I said=2C this has all been discussed before=2C it's in the archives. He asserts the rights to all the issues that were published by him=2C he essentially WAS the BPA at the time=2C and copyright law is pretty clear that he can assert those rights. I have no idea how Frank Pavliga would feel about the copying of the issues published when his Dad was the editor.Kip GardnerOn Mar 8=2C 2014=2C at 5:52 PM=2C larharris2 Harris wrote:Are the rights owned by him personally? Or by the BPA?Lorenzo
matronics

> Re: Pietenpol-List: Old BPA newsletters

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Darrel Jones
> rthlink.net>> > This has been hashed over many times in the past. Grant McClaren=2C a > past publisher of the BPA News=2C won't allow this type of copying. > It's too bad=2C but he feels that he was done wrong by the Piet > community some years ago & asserts his copyright rights.> > Kip Gardner> > On Mar 8=2C 2014=2C at 5:04 PM=2C Brian C-FAUK wrote:> .ca > > >> >> > This is an idea for discussion. I have a large binder of Buckeye > > Pietenpol Newsletters. I would like to see them scanned and put > > somewhere on the net for public access. There is a lot of timeless > > information in them. I would be willing to do some or all of the > > work to do this but I have no idea the best way to do this and what > > the reaction would be if I did it. Your comments are welcome.> >> > Perhaps this has already been discussed.> >> > --------> > Brian Kenney> >> >> >> >> > Read this topic online here:> >> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 012#420012> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > > > =0A=0Ahref="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Piet ... =====0A=0A ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 16:18:33 -0800
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Old BPA newsletters

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "jarheadpilot82"
> > To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> >> > >> > This is an idea for discussion. I have a large binder of Buckeye > Pietenpol Newsletters. I would like to see them scanned and put > somewhere on the net for public access. There is a lot of timeless > information in them. I would be willing to do some or all of the work > to do this but I have no idea the best way to do this and what the > reaction would be if I did it. Your comments are welcome.> >> > Perhaps this has already been discussed.> >> > --------> > Brian Kenney> >> >> >> >> > Read this topic online here:> >> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 012#420012> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >======================> &g======> >> >> >> *>>> *________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Old BPA newsletters
matronics

> > Pietenpol-List: Old BPA newsletters

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gary Boothe"
> > To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> >> > >> > This is an idea for discussion. I have a large binder of Buckeye> Pietenpol Newsletters. I would like to see them scanned and put somewhere> on the net for public access. There is a lot of timeless information in> them. I would be willing to do some or all of the work to do this but I> have no idea the best way to do this and what the reaction would be if I> did it. Your comments are welcome.> >> > Perhaps this has already been discussed.> >> > --------> > Brian Kenney> >> >> >> >> > Read this topic online here:> >> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 012#420012> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >======================> &g======> >> >> >>>> *>>> *>>________________________________________________________________________________