Pietenpol-List: Comparission test resilts from last year

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Comparission test resilts from last year

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: jim hyde
Piet Builders,Recently, there have been many comments regarding the supposed correct angle of attack on the Pietenpol versus the Riblet 612 airfoil .As far as I know, no one else has actually compared the two airfoils side by side with almost identical planes, engines, props, and produced any useful information. Will either airfoil perform better by changing the wing angle of attack from what it is now on our planes. I honestly can't say. I have about 300 hrs on my plane now and Don has about 70 hrs on his. Neither Don or I plan to change our wings fron what we have now. Accept the Pietenpol for what it is....a low and slow fun to fly airplane. I get the most enjoyment in taking people for their first ride in an open cockpit, homebuilt, wooden, 1929 vintage, corvair powered low and slow airplane. When you see the big smile on their face after they get out, it's all worthwhile.For those who may have come on the Piet forum since the article in the Piet newsletter last year or did not attend my forum at Brodhead last year, I'm attaching the first comparission test for those who might care to read it. We have conducted some more testing and plan to share what we have learned at a later date. Sorry I won't be at Brodhead this year, will miss seeing everyone.P. F. BeckHosting Corvair College # 31 November 7,8 & 9 at Barnwell, S. C.________________________________________________________________________________Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 08:50:50 -0700