Pietenpol-List: Turtle Deck Suppport

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Turtle Deck Suppport

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "john francis"
Steve,Ken's engine is 134 cid vs 200 on a Ford. His primary way to get more power fromthe engine is get more mass of air and fuel through it by turning more rpm.Engines experience their peak volumetric efficiency at the torque peak by definition.If Ken is below the torque peak, his engine will actually be more efficientif it speeds up. -ww.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Turtle Deck Suppport
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gary Boothe"
Where the top of the back seat and the turtle deck support meet, has me confused.I looked at some pictures on westcoastpiet and see that some of you have electedto make this joint flush and others have an offset here. It does appearto me that some additional (not in plans?) support is needed to tie these twocomponents together.--------John FrancisRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: More Smoke

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
There is no doubt, Ray. I owe you a visitor two!Gary BootheNX308MB
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: catching on Gary----it's catching on......

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Doug
Does he have to polish the Luscombe after each smoke job?Ray KrauseSent from my iPad> On Sep 2, 2014, at 11:59 AM, "Cuy, Michael D. (GRC-LME0)[Vantage Partners, LLC]" wrote:> > Great work Gary Boothe in getting your smoke system working. Your video are fantastic and thanks for taking us along for the ride. Here are a few> others who are also having fun vaporizing the daylights out of various oils. A shiney Luscombe and a few others at the Antique Airplane Association Fly In> at Ottumwa, Iowa this past weekend. > > Mike C.> Ohio> > > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Turtle Deck Suppport

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
JohnThe rear seat headrest/ turtle deck support glues to the back of the crossbrace forming the top of the seat. You don't need additional support. Thesupport comes from the stringers on the turtle deck and make very ridged. Ifyou glue it to the back of the of the upper cross brace it will give youroom to run cockpit padding along the rear head rest. I made mine flush with the front of the seat because I'm tall and when Isat in the seat as shown on the plans the top cut me across my shoulderblades which was uncomfortable. With it on the front of the cross brace itwas more comfortable for my size. However I do not have the space forrunning and padding around the rear headrest.ChrisSacramento, CAWestcoastPiet.com-----Original Message-----
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Turtle Deck Suppport

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> CatDesigns(at)att.net
This is the same way I did mine: Seat back glued to the front of the fuselage brace=3B turtledeck bulkhead glued to the rear of the brace=2C creating the 'step'. Works good.Lorenzo
matronics

> RE: Pietenpol-List: Turtle Deck Suppport

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:
> > > John> > The rear seat headrest/ turtle deck support glues to the back of the cross> brace forming the top of the seat. You don't need additional support. The> support comes from the stringers on the turtle deck and make very ridged. If> you glue it to the back of the of the upper cross brace it will give you> room to run cockpit padding along the rear head rest. > ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 12:29:27 -0400