Pietenpol-List: hangar visits

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: hangar visits

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ray Krause
Since the list is so slow right now, I don't feel too bad posting this (slightlyoff-topic, but maybe not) post. I had a visit today from another West Coastbuilder, Mike Hardaway. He was headed back down I-5 from Portland and stoppedby MFR just before lunch. Like most people on this list, I had emailed backand forth with Mike and had read his posts to the list but had never met himface to face. And, like most people on this list, Mike is just good folks. Hesaw my hangar junk, saw my projects, saw Scout, and we visited for just a fewminutes because he was facing another 10 hours on the road, with part of thatbeing the crossing of the Siskiyou Summit at the Oregon-California border. I could already see that the clouds in that direction were thick, dark, and ominousso I don't blame him for wanting to make best possible time in daylight.Mike talked up the West Coast Piet Gathering with enthusiasm, throwing in somethingabout a chocolate cheesecake just for good measure. Surely he knows thatpilots as a genre don't need a lot of encouragement when it comes to food ingeneral, and there was no need to pitch the cheesecake too?As in many instances when I've met other builders and pilots in this group, I endup being the benefactor. Mike noticed my Honda CX500 project bike in the hangarand mentioned that he had gotten rid of his two CX500s but still had someparts and pieces, so he's passing them on to me. This is how we feed one another'shobbies and pastimes! Thanks for the visit, Mike. Hope you made it homesafely.--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 powerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________