Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Matt Paxton
Hi Pieters,Thanks for your replies.Engines work the same Down Under, however, I have seen a Detroit two-stroke dieselScreaming Jimmy run backwards, complete with clouds of white smoke. And no,water doesnt travel down the drain anti-clockwise, but the sun does.The WW2 Jeep motor is based on the Willys 4 used in the Whippet. Interestingly,almost as many Jeeps were made by Ford (under licence) during WW2.For those contemplating using an A Ford engine may I humbly suggest you broadenyour search to include the Model B (1932-34). These are scarce (certainly here)as they came out in the Depression and competed with the new, for Ford, V8.Almost identical to the the A engine but with good internal modifications, mostnotably a counter-balanced crankshaft. Makes for a smoother running enginecapable of extra revs. They also ran a bigger throat Zenith carby, which can beused on an A engine - but also scarce.All the Fords imported into Australia were manufactured in Canada and assembledlocally. The engines have a C stamped in front of the engine number. The oneIm using is CAO7628 which indicates a May 1928 build.Im reliably informed that all Canadian built engines were painted grey, not theFord green of the US built.Despite considerable research, I cannot find any reference to this colour. Maybeone of the Canadian Pietenpol builders may be able to shed some light.Respectfully,David BoarderLaunceston Tasmania AustraliaThe ox is slow, but the earth is patient.________________________________________________________________________________Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 23:06:17 -0400Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?