Pietenpol-List: Piet Discussion List Compilation

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Piet Discussion List Compilation

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael D Cuy
Dear Dave,I have e-mailed my compilation of the Piet List to you. It'sa simple, un-zipped text file of about 1.125 MB. If you do notget it for some reason (or not complete or what ever), just drop me anote. It comprises e-mails sent between subscribers to the BPANewsbetween Feb 8, 1996 and whenever it more or less stopped or got replacedby the Discussion List and postings to the discussion list from July 10,1996 to Mar 14, 1997. Missing are whatever was posted between Nov 25, 1996 and Feb 10, 1997.Regarding your question if am currently building a Piet, (unfortunately) no. I am a student of aerospace engineering at the University of Stuttgart, Germany, who is hoping to get done late this year. Currently I am doing certification computations as my study thesisfor a guy who wants to build the first Wittman Tailwind in Germany.Since regulations concerning homebuilts are more stringent in Germany,a builder has to have (normally ...) someone do an aerodynamic and a stress analyis for the design he wants to built. In this case someone isme. I have not yet built nor am I currently building an airplane, as thereis no time left to do such things at the moment. My study thesis keepsme VERY busy. But once I have the time (and money) to do so, I intend tobuild a plane. I have not yet decided on one, but the Tailwind and thePietenpol are strong contenders. But who nows?Greetings,P.S.: If someone else wants this Discussion list compilation, let meknow. I'd be happy to send a copy to everyone who wants one.________________________________________________________________________________