Pietenpol-List: Square wind screens

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Square wind screens

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael D Cuy
Ernie Hagness,You requested in BPAN plans for the 3 sided square wind screens. I don'thave plans but do have the three sided wind screens. It wouldn't be thathard to give you the details of how they are built. Rather straight forward.Let me know if you still need info.Ted Brousseau/APFnfn00979(at)gator.naples.netSunny SW Florida________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Square wind screens

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Greg Cardinal
Ted Brousseau wrote:> > Ernie Hagness,> > You requested in BPAN plans for the 3 sided square wind screens. I don't> have plans but do have the three sided wind screens. It wouldn't be that> hard to give you the details of how they are built. Rather straight forward.> > Let me know if you still need info.> > Ted Brousseau/APF> nfn00979(at)gator.naples.net> Sunny SW FloridaTed I would appreciate any data you can give me . Tom Paiement is alsosearching for this info. Thanks Ernie Hagness________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Ernest Hagness
I am getting to the stage where i will be looking at windscreens prettysoon. Would also appreciate any thing you've got!Thanks,-=Ian=-
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: ehagness(at)mail.interconnect.net (Ernest Hagness)
Ernie,I am flying out of town for the rest of the week. Will measure and thenpost the details this weekend for all to see.Glad to be able to help.Ted>Ted I would appreciate any data you can give me . Tom Paiement is also>searching for this info. Thanks Ernie Hagness>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ted Brousseau
Ted Brousseau wrote:> > Ernie Hagness, Tom Paiement,> > Sorry for the delay, but it has been so warm that the mosquitoes came out in> full force. It was impossible to stand still long enough to get the> measurments. Fortunately, it finally got windy and I got the details on the> square windscreens. Here it is:> > The front piece starts as a rectangle 12" wide and 8" tall. The bottom is> cut in a curve to conform with the top of the fuslage.> > The side pieces are triangles 8" high to match up with the front piece.> They are also a straight 8" along the bottom. They are not perfect> triangles. Rather, they look like the edge that joins the top and bottom is> cut for a 10" bottom with a slight curve about 5" down the slope to make it> end at 8". That is probably a lot harder to understand than it really is.> I can try to draw it if you are interested. The angle where the 8" sides> meet is determined by the slope of the front piece. It slopes back 4". The> side pieces are angled out from 12" (where they join the front piece) to 18"> apart.> > There are two metal angle pieces 8" long that hold the side pieces to the> front. They are made of some aluminum or stainless and are 1/2" on each> side. There are 3 bolts holding each piece to the metal angle. The whole> thing is held to the fuslage by little tabs made from 3/4" stock bent to> match the angle of the plexiglass. There is one at the end of each side> piece, one at each metal angle where the sides meet the front, and one in> the middle of the front piece.> > The plexiglas is 1/8" thick. There are three rubber trim pieces where the> plexiglas meets the fuslage.> > Hope this helps. Will be glad to explain further if the above is confusing.> > Ted Brousseau/APF> nfn00979(at)gator.naples.net> Sunny SW FloridaTed , Thanks for the information, I think I can work it ou with theinformation you provided. It will have to wait for a tad as I am on myway to Milwaukee for a few weeks to visit my 90 year old mother andspend mothers day eith her. Sorry about all them skeeters. We have nothad any for the past couple of years because of no rain , but we havehad quite a bit of rain recently and I know them buggers will be outsoon. Good excuse to fly and try to outrun them. Thanks again. Ernie/________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael D Cuy
>>Ted , ... Sorry about all them skeeters. We have not>had any for the past couple of years because of no rain , but we have>had quite a bit of rain recently and I know them buggers will be out>soon. Good excuse to fly and try to outrun them.Outrun them!!! Heck I bring them all back with me on the leading edges andthe prop. I have to polish the prop every week between the bloody skeetersand the salt build up.Drop me a line if something doesn't make sense when you put pencil to paper.Ted Brousseau/APFnfn00979(at)gator.naples.netSunny SW Florida________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

> Re: Square wind screens

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: William Conway
> > Ted Brousseau wrote:> > > > Ernie Hagness,> > > > You requested in BPAN plans for the 3 sided square wind screens. Idon't> > have plans but do have the three sided wind screens. It wouldn't bethat> > hard to give you the details of how they are built. Rather straightforward.> > > > Let me know if you still need info.> > > > Ted Brousseau/APF> > nfn00979(at)gator.naples.net> > Sunny SW Florida> Ted I would appreciate any data you can give me . Tom Paiement is also> searching for this info. Thanks Ernie Hagness________________________________________________________________________________