Pietenpol-List: How much 1x1's

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: How much 1x1's

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steve Eldredge
How many 1x1's are needed in the construction of the Piet? Also what arethe other sizes of cut lumber needed. Thank youEmelita W________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: How much 1x1's

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Emelita W
Emelita W wrote:> How many 1x1's are needed in the construction of the Piet? Also what> are> the other sizes of cut lumber needed.>> Thank you> Emelita W At least 4 14' 1x1's for the longerons. I think I also used aboutanother 20' or so as blanks for various tail parts, like main beams inthe elevator, stab, fin, and rudder.It would be great if there was an accurate material/cut list. I startedone, but I finished building my plane without really keeping trackenought to be accurate.Stevee________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: How much 1x1's

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Barry Davis
Thank you for your information. Now what other sizes are needed and howmany feet of these different sizes.Thank youEmelita WSteve Eldredge wrote:> > Emelita W wrote:> > > How many 1x1's are needed in the construction of the Piet? Also what> > are> > the other sizes of cut lumber needed.> >> > Thank you> > Emelita W> > At least 4 14' 1x1's for the longerons. I think I also used about> another 20' or so as blanks for various tail parts, like main beams in> the elevator, stab, fin, and rudder.> > It would be great if there was an accurate material/cut list. I started> one, but I finished building my plane without really keeping track> enought to be accurate.> > Stevee________________________________________________________________________________