Pietenpol-List: Slack in the cables

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Slack in the cables

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "McNarry, John"
I have what I consider to be a major problem and I am wondering if>anyone else has experienced it, and if so what the fix is. >>When I tension the elevator cables,control column to bellcrank, as soon as>the cables move toward the up elevator position, the cables go very slack,>and I mean slack. Everything is as per Orrin Hoopman's drawings and I>haverepeatedly checked and rechecked my measurements. I am wrackingmy>brains to find a solution but so far to no avail. Am I missing somthing Peter.Peter- According to Frank Pavliga this is a normal part of the geometrylayout of the Piet elev. control system. I had fits with the same thinguntil checking this out w/ other owners. With turnbuckles in both theup and down elev. cables you can get a happy medium of tension ineach cable (still some slack though) If you try to make them too tightyou just never can get full up elev. They bind up too soon. Pulley guards over your cables will help you sleep better too. Mike C. ________________________________________________________________________________