Pietenpol-List: Blushing

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Blushing

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: D.BELLISSIMO(at)littonlsl.com (BELLISSIMO, DOMENIC)
Thanks Jimv, Thanks for the information Jim, I think you're right. I did drain a couple of ounces from the compressor before the blushing occured but it may have acumulated again and in combination with the wind coming up the blushing occured. I do have a small water trap at the gun but it may be too small to perform it's job. I will buy or build a bigger water filter before I apply the color dope. this week-end looks very promising for painting. This is really getting exciting.Regards,Domenico Bellissimo________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Blushing

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steve Eldredge
(BELLISSIMO, DOMENIC) writes:Thanks Jimv, Thanks for the information Jim, I think you're right. I did drain a couple of ounces from the compressor before the blushing occured but it may have acumulated again and in combination with the wind coming up the blushing occured. I do have a small water trap at the gun but it may be too small to perform it's job. I will buy or build a bigger water filter before I apply the color dope. this week-end looks very promising for painting. This is really getting exciting.Regards,Domenico BellissimoDraining liquid water from the bottom won't help much. You have GOT toremove the vapor water from the compressed air. This will require a largedryer with a lot of desicant in it. At least a bushel. The more thebetter. Take a look at Ted Davis's at Brodhead. WHOOPS, Ted has moved tohis own strip about 5 miles east of Brodhead. ________________________________________________________________________________