Pietenpol-List: piet chat group

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: piet chat group

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: baileys(at)ktis.net (Robert M. Bailey)
Hello I'm new to your group and not to sure what to do... I guess I'll findout soon enough!________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: piet chat group

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ian Holland
SRXJimL(at)aol.com wrote:> > Hello I'm new to your group and not to sure what to do... I guess I'll find> out soon enough!Hello and welcome Jim,Why don't you tell the group a little about yourself. For my part I'm atwo year member of BPA, have been to Brodhead twice. I'm just aboutready to retire and am planning real serious construction activityto began on a Piet soon.Regards, Bob B. Missouri USA________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: SRXJimL(at)aol.com
Hello everyone my name is Jim Lingenfelter. I live in Tidewater Virginia. Ihave been an A&P for 7 years, at first working on Navy A-6's, now working ona P-40E-1 for a place called the Fighter Factory. After we finish buildingthe P-40, we have a Corsair to build. Boy do I love this job! My wife and Ihave wanted to build a Pietenpol for about 4 years now but kids, school,etc., etc. have kept us from starting. I bought the plans about 2 years ago,along with the plans for the aerial (biplane). Have any of you built theAerial biplane?Please feel free to write me I love to talk airplanes!________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steve Eldredge
SRXJimL(at)aol.com wrote:> > Hello everyone my name is Jim Lingenfelter. I live in Tidewater Virginia. I> have been an A&P for 7 years, at first working on Navy A-6's, now working on> a P-40E-1 for a place called the Fighter Factory. After we finish building> the P-40, we have a Corsair to build. Boy do I love this job! My wife and I> have wanted to build a Pietenpol for about 4 years now but kids, school,> etc., etc. have kept us from starting. I bought the plans about 2 years ago,> along with the plans for the aerial (biplane). Have any of you built the> Aerial biplane?> Please feel free to write me I love to talk airplanes!> Welcome Jim: Guess I couldn't talk you into trading jobs with me for awhile huh? Myfavoritis ever fighter is the P-40. I have a room full of pictures,photos etc of the P-40, especially like the Flying Tiger era. Have somesigned stuff by R.T. Smith, (had to pick someone to shine after). (Myother favorite is the WWI Nieuport). Guess you came to the right place to contact Piet builders, plenty ofconstruction, advice and kibitzing here ;) You'll probably hear foryourself, but my vote is against the bi-wing, however you are the onedeciding on what your project is to be, good luck...Gary...(South Texas)________________________________________________________________________________