Pietenpol-List: Re: Begging your further indulgence...

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael D Cuy
Richard,There is a Ford powered Piet flying at Reinbeck Aerodrome. At leastthere used to be. The owner's name was Carl. I'd give them a call ifyour interested in traveling there.Craig________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Brent Reed
Craig Lawler is correct. Karl Erikson has a Piet at Old RhinebeckAerodrome. He deemed it un-airworthy a few years back and nowhas placed it in the museum on the field. The BPAN had an articleon this plane flying on ski's a few years ago also. Grant MacLarencould copy you or send you a back issue for the correct money.Karl is a great guy. He gets to fly the 1909 Bleriot monoplane upthere on weekends for the airshows. They only fly it about 5-10 ft.off the ground up and down the runway. He's the only guy on thefield light enough for the plane to lift him. It uses a 3 cyl. Anzaniradial engine which usually is only firing on about one or two cyls at any time !!!! Rhinebeck is a great trip. They have theirinfo on a page on the Internet. I think mid-Oct. is their last show.MC>Richard,>>There is a Ford powered Piet flying at Reinbeck Aerodrome. At least>there used to be. The owner's name was Carl. I'd give them a call if>your interested in traveling there.>>Craig>>________________________________________________________________________________