Pietenpol-List: Re: Sources of AN hardware.

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: joe czaplicki
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Sources of AN hardware.>>On 17 Aug 98 at 8:23, Dan Shotwell wrote:>>>> Richard, My name is Dan Shotwell. I'm building a Piet in my>>> basement in Chatham, Ohio. Do you have the adress and /or phone>>> number of the guy in Dillsburg, Pa who sells 4130 tubing and AN>>> hardware? I think his business is called Dillsburg Aircraft Supply>>> or something like that. Thanks, Dan You can also reach me at>>> danshotwell(at)wellmanfrictionproducts.com or at 330-667-2915 after>>> 6:00 PM.>>Hey Dan ! Welcome to the list ! Dillsburg Aero 717-432-4589.>The Peit's finally flying and has it's restrictions flown off ! I'll buzz>you sometime. Mike C>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "William C. Beerman"
I'm afraid I dont know, but someone on the Piet mailing list might. I am forwarding this email to them.On 17 Aug 98 at 8:23, Dan Shotwell wrote:> Richard, My name is Dan Shotwell. I'm building a Piet in my> basement in Chatham, Ohio. Do you have the adress and /or phone> number of the guy in Dillsburg, Pa who sells 4130 tubing and AN> hardware? I think his business is called Dillsburg Aircraft Supply> or something like that. Thanks, Dan You can also reach me at> danshotwell(at)wellmanfrictionproducts.com or at 330-667-2915 after> 6:00 PM.> http://www.wrld.com/w3builder"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right." - Henry Ford (1863-1947) ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> rdecosta(at)autoeurope.com (Richard DeCosta)
The Dillsburg Aeroplane Works is at (717) 432-4589. Prices are slightlybetter than other places, and delivery was quick, but you'd better knowEXACTLY what you want (gauge numbers are not understood there, so convertto decimal before ordering). The characterization someone made on the list earlier of a "grumpy old man" is an understatement. Personally, I would be tempted to pay the small premium and order from Wick's in thefuture.> Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 08:24:15 +0000
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael D Cuy
>On 17 Aug 98 at 8:23, Dan Shotwell wrote:>>> Richard, My name is Dan Shotwell. I'm building a Piet in my>> basement in Chatham, Ohio. Do you have the adress and /or phone>> number of the guy in Dillsburg, Pa who sells 4130 tubing and AN>> hardware? I think his business is called Dillsburg Aircraft Supply>> or something like that. Thanks, Dan You can also reach me at>> danshotwell(at)wellmanfrictionproducts.com or at 330-667-2915 after>> 6:00 PM.Hey Dan ! Welcome to the list ! Dillsburg Aero 717-432-4589.The Peit's finally flying and has it's restrictions flown off ! I'll buzzyou sometime. Mike C> ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "William C. Beerman"
>The Dillsburg Aeroplane Works is at (717) 432-4589. Prices are slightly>better than other places, and delivery was quick, but you'd better know>EXACTLY what you want (gauge numbers are not understood there, soconvertto decimal before ordering). The characterization someone made.Bill- Right ! That was me. Charlie Volgesong is 80 years old and runsDillsburg. He is Mr. Business. No messing around- you have your listand read it off to him and he ships it out pronto. He's not the Chamberof Commerce at all. He is super knowledgeable about hardware andaircraft though. He bikes about 100 miles a week too I'm told. I've never had a screwed-up order from him either, but boy is he grumpy.MC________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Michael D Cuy
On my last complicated order, I didn't receive one piece I paid for. He absolutely refused to believe that I hadn't gotten it (I had to go home that night and check again), but after consulting a packing log, confirmedthat it hadn't been sent. No apologies, but sent it out that day.> Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 08:47:15 -0400
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "David B. Schober"
Dillsburg has very good prices on steel. Wicks has better pricing oncable. For AN hardware try:B&B Aircraft Supplies31905 W. 175th St.Gardner Municipal AirportHe gets surplus hardware so his stock is erratic but he has goodpricing.Aircraft Spruce has surprisingly good prices on AN hardware,especially when purchasing in volume.Greg Cardinal>>> "William C. Beerman" 08/17 6:32 AM >>>The Dillsburg Aeroplane Works is at (717) 432-4589. Prices areslightlybetter than other places, and delivery was quick, but you'd betterknowEXACTLY what you want (gauge numbers are not understood there, soconvertto decimal before ordering). The characterization someone made on thelist earlier of a "grumpy old man" is an understatement. Personally,I would be tempted to pay the small premium and order from Wick's inthefuture.>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael D Cuy
Spencer Aircraft in Seattle has AN hardware. 800-424-1160. Lots ofaircraft stuff, but no steel tubing.-----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Brent Reed
Dillsburgh Aeroplane Works (717) 432-4589. Charlie Vogelson will be more thanglsd to help with your needs. Prompt service, good quality. Raw material pricesare good, you can do better on hardware if you are a good scrounger.Richard DeCosta wrote:> I'm afraid I dont know, but someone on the Piet mailing list> might. I am forwarding this email to them.>> On 17 Aug 98 at 8:23, Dan Shotwell wrote:>> > Richard, My name is Dan Shotwell. I'm building a Piet in my> > basement in Chatham, Ohio. Do you have the adress and /or phone> > number of the guy in Dillsburg, Pa who sells 4130 tubing and AN> > hardware? I think his business is called Dillsburg Aircraft Supply> > or something like that. Thanks, Dan You can also reach me at> > danshotwell(at)wellmanfrictionproducts.com or at 330-667-2915 after> > 6:00 PM.> >> http://www.wrld.com/w3builder> "Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."> - Henry Ford (1863-1947)--David B.Schober, CPEInstructor, Aviation MaintenanceFairmont State CollegeNational Aerospace Education CenterRt. 3 Box 13Bridgeport, WV 26330-9503(304) 842-8300________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: steve(at)byu.edu
HiI seem to have been added to this dissussion list by accident and my E-=mail isgetting flooded. Simultaniously I've been added to a distribution list= calledblue birds and suspect the two are related. Can you please let me know= how toget off these lists? ThanksI have 2 Id's mcdonald(at)ca.ibm.com and kathryn.mcdonald(at)tivoli.com=________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: steve(at)byu.edu
Someone is forwarding you this email. You are not on our list, with eitherof the addresses that you have sent me.Stevee-----Original Message-----Kathryn McDonaldSent: Tuesday, August 18, 1998 11:03 AMSubject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Sources of AN hardware.HiI seem to have been added to this dissussion list by accident and my E-mailisgetting flooded. Simultaniously I've been added to a distribution listcalledblue birds and suspect the two are related. Can you please let me know howtoget off these lists? ThanksI have 2 Id's mcdonald(at)ca.ibm.com and kathryn.mcdonald(at)tivoli.com________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> rdecosta(at)autoeurope.com (Richard DeCosta)