Pietenpol-List: Combine engine

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Combine engine

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Greg Yotz[SMTP:gyachts(at)kans.com]
One thing you could find off a combine engine is a magneto that fits in the distributorhole! I had two of these made up by the Vertex company that made themin the 1930s.Bill Sayre> ----------
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Combine engine

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ken Beanlands
Good point! I hadn't thought of that. What other components might be useful?Anybody have any ideas. I guess the mags alone will be reason enough to go look.Greg Yotz________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Sayre, William G
Bill!The Model A magneto I got was made by WICO -- I know the 2 cylinderversion has been sparking John Deere tractors for a lot of years! (& a few1/2 VW engines! ;-)Mike ConklingPretty Prairie, KS
matronics

Pietenpol-List: RE: Combine engine

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Michael Conkling[SMTP:hpvs(at)southwind.net]
You're right. I happened upon a worker at Vertex that remembered making mags formodel-As and said he could built a couple for me (a friend and myself havejoined forces to build two Piets). One thing I forgot to mention to Greg Yotzis that it may be necessary to have the spark advance changed. I'm not surewhat a combine used. [hope you read this Greg]Bill Sayre> ----------
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> > Michael Conkling[SMTP:hpvs(at)southwind.net]
Yes, I got that. I had talked to a gentlemen who use to work on them and he hadsaid the same thing. He also said that the intake and exhaust hardware wouldbe usless.GYSayre, William G wrote:> You're right. I happened upon a worker at Vertex that remembered making magsfor model-As and said he could built a couple for me (a friend and myself havejoined forces to build two Piets). One thing I forgot to mention to Greg Yotzis that it may be necessary to have the spark advance changed. I'm not surewhat a combine used. [hope you read this Greg]>> Bill Sayre> > ----------
matronics

> Combine engine

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: duprey(at)excite.com
> > One thing you could find off a combine engine is a magneto that fits inthe distributor hole! I had two of these made up by the Vertex companythat made them in the 1930s.> > Bill Sayre________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

> > Combine engine

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Les Lampman
> > > > One thing you could find off a combine engine is a magneto that fits in> the distributor hole! I had two of these made up by the Vertex company> that made them in the 1930s.> > > > Bill Sayre> ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

> > > Combine engine

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Dave and Connie
> > >> > > One thing you could find off a combine engine is a magneto that fits in> > the distributor hole! I had two of these made up by the Vertex company> > that made them in the 1930s.> > >> > > Bill Sayre> >________________________________________________________________________________