Pietenpol-List: close

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: close

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Conkling
It's 6:30 here in Uvalde, Texas. I've been tracking my GN-1 all day, andthey just called. They're about one hour out from Uvalde, looks like I'llget to fly the GN this evening for just abit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Will give a report later tonite or tomorrow.Robert Hensarlinghttp://www.mesquite-furniture.comrhrocker(at)admin.hilconet.comUvalde, Texas________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: RE: close

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: RGASKIN
Hi Robert,Congratulations!! Happy to hear your GN-1 made it safely. Happy flying :)Les LampmanOak Harbor, Whidbey Island, WashingtonU.S.A.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:>> robert hensarling
Subject: Pietenpol-List: RE: closeThanks Bill!!! Weather has been to windy to fly since the day I got the GN.I spent a lot of time yesterday going over every inch of the plane, and evenstarted the engine a number of times just to listen to her purr. I'm stillpracticing getting in and out of both cockpits. I'd like to make the entrylook fluid like Michael Cuy does on his video, but the first time I tried toget in the front, I had one guy pushing on my port side, and one guy pullingon my starboard side, while my wife helped with the left foot. (I can do itby myself just fine now though). I would have loved to have a video ofthat.Having a blast!Robert>Obviously I don't speak for everyone but something tells me I speak for alot of the group when I say that I don't mind being the sounding board foryour ramblings!>>Congratulations!>>Bill Sayre>>> -----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> robert hensarling
Obviously I don't speak for everyone but something tells me I speak for a lot ofthe group when I say that I don't mind being the sounding board for your ramblings!Congratulations!Bill Sayre> -----Original Message-----
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: close

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Sayre, William G
-----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> robert hensarling[SMTP:rhrocker(at)admin.hilconet.com]
Isn't it funny how when we get our planes we spend time going over them duringbad flying days and then later just go off and do other things? Perhaps you'relucky having the chance to go through it well before a lot of flying. Eventhough I don't like starting engines for short periods, (even cars) I'd be doingEXACTLY what you're doing. Keep up the fun - just thinking about it makesme smile! Won't this summer be GREAT!!!Enviously,Bill> ----------
matronics

> close

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: robert hensarling
> Subject: close> > excess of 650 miles on the airplane from Chanute, Kansas, to Uvalde, Texas. Didn't mean to ramble, but just wanted to tell someone.> Robert (now if I can just get up to Brodhead) Hensarling> ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

>> close

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Sayre, William G"
>> Subject: close>>>> excess of 650 miles on the airplane from Chanute, Kansas, to Uvalde,Texas.> > Didn't mean to ramble, but just wanted to tell someone.>> Robert (now if I can just get up to Brodhead) Hensarling>>> >________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

> RE: close

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> >> robert hensarling
> Subject: RE: close> > Thanks Bill!!! Weather has been to windy to fly since the day I got the GN.> I spent a lot of time yesterday going over every inch of the plane, and even> started the engine a number of times just to listen to her purr. I'm still> practicing getting in and out of both cockpits. I'd like to make the entry> look fluid like Michael Cuy does on his video, but the first time I tried to> get in the front, I had one guy pushing on my port side, and one guy pulling> on my starboard side, while my wife helped with the left foot. (I can do it> by myself just fine now though). I would have loved to have a video of> that.> > Having a blast!> Robert> > > >Obviously I don't speak for everyone but something tells me I speak for a> lot of the group when I say that I don't mind being the sounding board for> your ramblings!> >> >Congratulations!> >> >Bill Sayre> >> >> -----Original Message-----
matronics

> >> close

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Cuy
> >> Subject: close> >>> >> excess of 650 miles on the airplane from Chanute, Kansas, to Uvalde,> Texas.> > > > Didn't mean to ramble, but just wanted to tell someone.> >> Robert (now if I can just get up to Brodhead) Hensarling> >>> > > >> ________________________________________________________________________________