Pietenpol-List: Re: Corvair cam

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Ragan, Lawrence M."
>I am using a stock,reground cam on William Wynnes advice. He said that the other cams available are not worth spending the cash on, on a high drag plane like a piet. He said that he didn't think that it would improve the performance.William Koucky________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List:

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: pschultz(at)uplogon.com (Paul Schultz)
WilliamDid you use any of Wynne's component's? I had the opportunity to stop andvisit with him about 6 months ago and he had lot of things related toCorvair's, (cranks, prop hubs, etc.). He seemed to be very knowledgeable,(I'm not sure I know enough to judge), and I had planned to utilize hisresources. I may try to go down there (about 2 hrs south) and see him againif I can get in contact with him.Larry RaganJacksonville, Fl.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: FW: Corvair cam

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Wkoucky(at)aol.com
What specifications were used to reground the stock cam?? I've always heardthe 95 H.P. cam should be substituted into the 110 H.p. engine.Domenic ----------________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: mboynton(at)excite.com
>I am using a stock,reground cam on William Wynnes advice. He said that theother cams available are not worth spending the cash on, on a high dragplanelike a piet. He said that he didn't think that it would improve theperformance.William Koucky________________________________________________________________________________