Pietenpol-List: REMOVE

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: REMOVE

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: dkowell(at)cstone.net (David Kowell)
REMOVE________________________________________________________________________________Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 23:00:06 -0700
matronics

> > > > Re: Pietenpol-List: Alum head vendor

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: RBush96589(at)aol.com
> >> >> >Hi, Walter.> >Jay Travis here; just bought a Piet project on eBay and looking forward to> >finishing it. What kind of "stuff" do you have? (Assuming there isn't a> >problem discussing such matters on the list- if there is, my apologies, and> >you> >can mail me off the list at dagobert(at)ix.netcom.com instead.)> >Thanks,> >Jay Travis> >> >Walter Allen wrote:> >> >> > >> > > Chuck:> > >> > > I have some Pietenpol accumulation of stuff (wife calls it junk) If I> >load> > > it and bring it September 9, is selling or trading allowed?> > >> > > >From: Rcaprd(at)aol.com> > > >Reply-To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> > > >To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> > > >Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Alum head vendor> > > >Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 01:55:30 EDT> > > >> > > >> > > >In a message dated 8/16/00 12:20:35 PM Central Daylight Time,> > > >aircamper(at)yahoo.com writes:> > > >> > > > > > > heads he produces, before I mail him a $300 check? Thanks! >>> > > >> > > >Richard,> > > >A few months ago, I recieved my aluminum head, from Dan Price, and I am> > > >satisified with the quality of the head (so far...I haven't ran the> >engine> > > >yet). However, there was a few minor scratches on it, and a few little> > > >pieces of shavings in the coolant jacket that I had to shake out. Doug> > > >Bryant purchased his 'Dan Price Head' about 4 years ago, and has had no> > > >problems with it. I just finished assembling the engine, and I'm ready> >to> > > >install it on the airframe, except for drilling out the four oil pan> > > >mounting> > > >holes. Here is my question, to the group, about the head; Can I paint> >it,> > > >and expect the paint to stick? I have some epoxy paint, for aluminum,> > > >then> > > >top coat it with the polyurathane red color. I would really like to> >paint> > > >the entire engine red, the same as the fuselage.> > > >> > > >Chuck Gantzer> > > >Wichita KS> > > >rcaprd(at)aol.com> > > >> > > >Reminder: Pietenpol Fly-In, at Benton Airpark on Saturday Sept. 9.> >Benton> > > >is about 10 miles NE of Wichita KS. This year, there will be food> > > >available,> > > >and limited camping available (we have a porta-jon for the weekend !!).> > > >Any> > > >questions, please e-mail me directly.> > > >> > > >> > >> >> >>________________________________________________________________________________