Pietenpol-List: Cabane struts and other airplane words from the

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Cabane struts and other airplane words from the

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jim Sury
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: I found a great lumber yard in Houston

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Isablcorky(at)aol.com
>>>>>>>Are you gonna keep it a secret? What's the name of the lumber yard?>>>>>>>>>>I found a lumber yard here in Houston with plenty of spar and mast grade,>>>vertical grain Douglas Fir and Sitka Spruce. Looked beautiful. They will>>>plane it to my specs. Not completely sure of the total cost, but not too>>>bad. Spruce is about $10 a linear foot or so. Also had up to 3mm Birch>>>aircraft grade plywood. It seems to be equivalent to 1/8". Bought some,very>>>pretty stuff. Will that do for gussets.>>>>>>Some places are cheaper but I get to see what I am buying - I like that.>>>Also found a supplier of T-88. Called System Three and they told me right>>>where to go, which happened to be right across the freeway from where I>>>work. Did a test glue-up and waiting to break it in a week of so andlook at>>>failure point. It has been cold down here, got down to a whole 27 degrees>>>last night. ;) All-in-all a great day.>>>>>>Regards,>>>>>>Gary P. McNeel, Jr.>>>MyKitPlane.com>>>EAA 665957>>>gmcneel(at)mykitplane.com>>>http://www.mykitplane.com/Planes/buildL ... >>>"What's the hurry? Are you afraid I won't come back?">>>>>> Manfred von Richthofen, 'The Red Baron,' last recorded words, in reply to>>>a request for an autograph as he was climbing into the cockpit of hisplane.>>>>>>>>>>>>________________________________________________________________________________