Pietenpol-List: The Flying & Glider Manuals - EAA vs. Originals

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: The Flying & Glider Manuals - EAA vs. Originals

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Mike Whaley"
Hi listers,Can someone tell me the differences between the original Flying and Glidermanuals and the EAA reprints? I own the set of EAA reprints, but haven't yetbeen able to find an original set of manuals for what seemed like areasonable price. I know the EAA ones are "distilled" and don't have theadvertisements, original covers, etc. as the real ones. But are there anyrelevant illustrations or text that were deleted from the EAA reprints? I'dlove to have the originals but we're on a really tight budget and don't wantto spend money needlessly.-MikeMike Whaley merlin@ov-10bronco.netWebmaster, OV-10 Bronco Associationhttp://www.ov-10bronco.net/___________________ ... __________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: The Flying & Glider Manuals - EAA vs. Originals

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Mike Whaley
The biggest difference that I can think of is in the 1933 Manual. Theoriginal has a large section on the Corben Baby Ace, including plans forboth a parasol and a cabin version. That section does not appear in theEAA reprint.Best Regards,Kevin Holcombwww.airminded.net> [Original Message]
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: The Flying & Glider Manuals - EAA vs. Originals

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Mike Whaley"
> Subject: Pietenpol-List: The Flying & Glider Manuals - EAA vs. Originals>>> Hi listers,>> Can someone tell me the differences between the original Flying and Glider> manuals and the EAA reprints? I own the set of EAA reprints, but haven'tyet> been able to find an original set of manuals for what seemed like a> reasonable price. I know the EAA ones are "distilled" and don't have the> advertisements, original covers, etc. as the real ones. But are there any> relevant illustrations or text that were deleted from the EAA reprints?I'd> love to have the originals but we're on a really tight budget and don'twant> to spend money needlessly.>> -Mike>> Mike Whaley merlin@ov-10bronco.net> Webmaster, OV-10 Bronco Association> http://www.ov-10bronco.net/>>> > > > > > >________________________________________________________________________________