Pietenpol-List: fire resistant paint

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "walt evans"
A while back someone posted about a fire retardant paint. does anyone know what it is and where to get it?dennis________________________________________________________________________________Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 12:06:34 -0500
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "walt evans"
The paint I am trying to find is for the firewall, I should have said that in my last post.dennis________________________________________________________________________________Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 18:35:14 -0500
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: fire resistant paint

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: walt evans
Actually, I am going to use stainless steel sheet. I didn't leave much room to get the bolt heads out of the motor mounts near the firewall. I am fessing up. you got to the truth. I don't know if there is room for the 1/8" fiberfrax. A buddy may have some asbestos sheet, but I prefer not to use it. The heat resistant paint is to paint the firewall wood under the SS.Dennis ----- Original Message -----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Tim Verthein
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: fire resistant paint

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Clif Dawson
Thanks Clif. I think that is the stuff. I am going to try sherwin williams tomorrow and if no luck I'll email this company.dennis ----- Original Message -----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Malcolmbru(at)aol.com
________________________________________________________________________________