Re: Pietenpol-List: cont. timing

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: cont. timing

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ben Charvet
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: cont. timingPiet experts, I have a cont. 75-9. on my piet. This is a early engine and there are, as far as I know no ,impulse units for these mags. They have a thicker rear case and a cone shaped gear. The timing from the book is 32 degrees for the left mag and 28 for the right. I wonder if I set the timing for the right mag at about 20 degrees and started the engine on just that one itwould help. If anyone knows about a impulse for this engine I sure would be interested. Thanks Almost harvest time in Iowa**************Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com. (http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=ao ... 0000000014)________________________________________________________________________________Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 19:47:28 -0400
matronics

uth.net> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> Re: Pietenpol-List: con

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Clif Dawson"
Erik Billing Here started a Piet about 2 yrs ago =2C=2C=2C=2Cgrant money ran out got the Wing Rib Jig done and Some Ribs collected alot of parts ect=2C=2C=2C=2C=2Cwe also have a 1946 Aeronca Champ 65HP Cont=2C we get All Our EisemanParts from Fresno Air Parts they Are Great Call Wayne ask him about Eiseman Mags these guys know alot and Have EVERYTHING to Keep Your Mags Running SWEET !! =2CWe rebuilt our Mags 10 yrs ago no problem and they have a good turn around for parts uth.net> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: conllsouth.net>> > There is a good discussion of magnetos for small continentals at this > website: http://www.bowersflybaby.com/tech/fenton.htm> As I remember the Bendix magnetos didn't come with an impulse option. > The Eiseman setup had an impulse. I bought a used A-65 for my Piet and > it has an impulse Eiseman and a Bendix without impulse. I haven't > started it yet. Probably the best setup is to get the Slick conversion > setup (About $1400) that gives you two impulse magnetos=2C new harnesses=2C > and a new set of plugs. Check Aircraft Spruce. I have that setup on my > Baby Ace with an A-75 and it starts on the first blade 90% of the time.> > Ben> > Wizzard187@aol.com wrote:> > Piet experts=2C I have a cont. 75-9. on my piet. This is a early > > engine and there are=2C as far as I know no =2Cimpulse units for these > > mags. They have a thicker rear case and a cone shaped gear. The > > timing from the book is 32 degrees for the left mag and 28 for the > > right. I wonder if I set the timing for the right mag at about 20 > > degrees and started the engine on just that one it would help. If > > anyone knows about a impulse for this engine I sure would be > > interested. Thanks Almost harvest time in Iowa> >> >> >> > -------------------------------------=====================> > > _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________