om=0ASent: Monday, November 3, 2008 2:11:41 PM=0A Pietenpol-List: R

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Re: Jury Strut Attachment at the Spar? Thanks

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-pietenpol-lis
Hi John,-I ended up using a valve I bought on ebay, but was planning to use the ball valve ACS sells for $23 until I found the very same valve (same manufacturer, same part number) at Home Depot for about $6.- As far as I know it should work just fine.-I positioned mine so the shutoff is in the rear cockpit, just under the instrument panel.- Kept me from having to run another flexible cable to the firewall.-JackNX899JP-
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Beware- the feds are coming to "help"

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Ryan Mueller"
To: Subject: Pietenpol-List: Beware- the feds are coming to "help" Dear Piet listers, Please be advised our overreaching federal government is at it again, slowly but surely trying to erode our freedoms in the name of "safety". It is only going to get worse with this new administration we have. This proposal does not effect us directly, but we are next. Do not doubt it. Dan H. TSA Aviation Proposals Raise Civil Liberties Questions EAA and allies appeal for extension of comment period October 29, 2008 =94 Upon receiving and reviewing a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) that the Transportation Security Administration issued today, EAA immediately objected to the posted public-comment period of only 60 days. The NPRM calls for sweeping new security requirements on the operation of all aircraft exceeding 12,500 pounds =93 commercial and personal-use aircraft alike. Because of the onerous requirements and encroachment on personal freedoms suggested in the NPRM, EAA contends that the NPRM should have a comment period of no less than 120 days. Several allies, including Missouri Congressman Sam Graves, an active EAA member, have joined EAA in filing objections to the comment period's 60-day duration. "These proposed rules would have dramatic ramifications for aircraft operators," said Earl Lawrence, EAA vice president of industry and regulatory affairs. =9CFurthermore, they raise serious questions in the areas of interstate commerce, government authority, civil liberties, and Constitutional rights. Rulemaking proposals that present the potential for such dramatic consequences require more than a mere 60 days for public to study and comment on them.=9D The TSA's proposed rules would impose numerous requirements on the operators of these aircraft, even those operating the aircraft for private and personal use, including the following a.. The owner/operator must assign a security director to oversee flight operations. b.. The security director must obtain TSA approval for the security program associated with every operation of the aircraft. c.. The security program must be audited and approved by the TSA. d.. The owner/operator must submit fingerprints of all flight-crew members to the TSA. e.. The owner/operator must submit a passenger manifest for each flight to the TSA. "Once again we're seeing an unwarranted and unrealistic hyper-focus on airplanes as potential instruments of terror, when real-life experience shows that trucks, automobiles, and computers can pose equal, or even greater, threats. This is about our nation's ongoing struggle to strike the right balance between upholding the personal freedoms and rights that make our country great and taking the necessary steps to address and prevent legitimate threats to our security," Lawrence said. "We haven't seen undue restrictions on the use of trucks, for example, because there's an understanding that these are important to interstate commerce and the personal freedom to move persons and objects about the country. We need to foster the same understanding when it comes to the role of personal aircraft in our society," Lawrence said. The NPRM's 60-day comment period expires Dec. 29, 2008. If the TSA adopts the recommendation of EAA and its allies, the 120-day comment period would end March 31, 2009.------------------------------------------------------------------------------ AOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other Holiday needs. ====================== =EF=BD=EF=BD~=EF=BD=EF=BD,=03g=EF=BD=EF=BD________________________________________________________________________________Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 17:55:23 -0600
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Beware- the feds are coming to "help"

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Ryan Mueller"
To: Subject: Pietenpol-List: Beware- the feds are coming to "help" Dear Piet listers, Please be advised our overreaching federal government is at it again, slowly but surely trying to erode our freedoms in the name of "safety". It is only going to get worse with this new administration we have. This proposal does not effect us directly, but we are next. Do not doubt it. Dan H. TSA Aviation Proposals Raise Civil Liberties Questions EAA and allies appeal for extension of comment period October 29, 2008 =94 Upon receiving and reviewing a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) that the Transportation Security Administration issued today, EAA immediately objected to the posted public-comment period of only 60 days. The NPRM calls for sweeping new security requirements on the operation of all aircraft exceeding 12,500 pounds =93 commercial and personal-use aircraft alike. Because of the onerous requirements and encroachment on personal freedoms suggested in the NPRM, EAA contends that the NPRM should have a comment period of no less than 120 days. Several allies, including Missouri Congressman Sam Graves, an active EAA member, have joined EAA in filing objections to the comment period's 60-day duration. "These proposed rules would have dramatic ramifications for aircraft operators," said Earl Lawrence, EAA vice president of industry and regulatory affairs. =9CFurthermore, they raise serious questions in the areas of interstate commerce, government authority, civil liberties, and Constitutional rights. Rulemaking proposals that present the potential for such dramatic consequences require more than a mere 60 days for public to study and comment on them.=9D The TSA's proposed rules would impose numerous requirements on the operators of these aircraft, even those operating the aircraft for private and personal use, including the following a.. The owner/operator must assign a security director to oversee flight operations. b.. The security director must obtain TSA approval for the security program associated with every operation of the aircraft. c.. The security program must be audited and approved by the TSA. d.. The owner/operator must submit fingerprints of all flight-crew members to the TSA. e.. The owner/operator must submit a passenger manifest for each flight to the TSA. "Once again we're seeing an unwarranted and unrealistic hyper-focus on airplanes as potential instruments of terror, when real-life experience shows that trucks, automobiles, and computers can pose equal, or even greater, threats. This is about our nation's ongoing struggle to strike the right balance between upholding the personal freedoms and rights that make our country great and taking the necessary steps to address and prevent legitimate threats to our security," Lawrence said. "We haven't seen undue restrictions on the use of trucks, for example, because there's an understanding that these are important to interstate commerce and the personal freedom to move persons and objects about the country. We need to foster the same understanding when it comes to the role of personal aircraft in our society," Lawrence said. The NPRM's 60-day comment period expires Dec. 29, 2008. If the TSA adopts the recommendation of EAA and its allies, the 120-day comment period would end March 31, 2009.------------------------------------------------------------------------------ AOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other Holiday needs. ====================== =EF=BD=EF=BD~=EF=BD=EF=BD,=03g=EF=BD=EF=BD________________________________ Message 11 ____________________________________
matronics

om=0ASent: Monday, November 3, 2008 2:11:41 PM=0A Pietenpol-List: R

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: John Egan
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Beware- the feds are coming to "help"

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack Phillips"
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Beware- the feds are coming to "help"Ken,I do not consider this politics. There is no partisanship here. This is a clear example of an over-reaching government trying to overstep their bounds bycurtailing our individual liberties and freedoms. The only reason our country is the leader of the world today is freedom. Not as any result of what the government did "for us". All you need to do is look at Europe and see how little flying is done there. The government has put so many restrictions and taxes in place it has stifled private flying almost to extinction in some cases.Last summer right before Brodhead we had some Swiss fellows visit here at Poplar Grove. The man and his son were building a Hatz biplane. He told me thatwhen they finish, they will only be able to fly it 20 hours per year because of the huge expenses due to the taxes, take-off and landing fees, and government restrictions. He was extremely envious of our freedoms here. He saidthat the flying-friendly atmosphere we enjoy here is unheard of in Switzerland.We must fight these clowns in Washington that are running the government at every opportunity!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wake up people!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dan HelsperPoplar Grove, IL.**************AOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other Holiday needs. Search Now. -aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Re: Jury Strut Attachment at the Spar? Thanks

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Hi John,I ended up using a valve I bought on ebay, but was planning to use the ballvalve ACS sells for $23 until I found the very same valve (samemanufacturer, same part number) at Home Depot for about $6. As far as Iknow it should work just fine.I positioned mine so the shutoff is in the rear cockpit, just under theinstrument panel. Kept me from having to run another flexible cable to thefirewall.JackNX899JP _____
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Jury Strut Attachment at the Spar?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "walt"
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "KMHeide, BA, CPO, FAAOP"
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Jury Strut Attachment at the Spar?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Ken Chambers"
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Isablcorky(at)aol.com
History repeats.http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/ap ... ommentClif ----- Original Message -----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Matt Dralle
matronics

om=0A>Sent: Mon, June 28, 2010 7:51:50 AM=0A> Re: Pietenpol-List: R

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Dan Yocum
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Re: Used Pietenpol plans=0A>> From: dlplett@swko

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Used Pietenpol plans=0A>> dlplett@swko
ion1(at)rogers.com=0A>Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Used Pietenpol=0A plans=0A>To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com=0A>Yes you people ....( not you as the person) I know you are defending Andrew Pietenpol ....the forum doesn't seem to do a lot of helping new builders plus all they do is re-engineer the Pietenpol why do think Andrew Pietenpol isn't on the site ... yet he still cares but he's not there anymore and the guy that sells the hinges that vi kapler use to sell because these guys cant be told anything..... they load factors type of material etc.... what crap I have 600hrs. on kaplers hinges no problem. =0A> =0A>The forum people don't even know what AC43 manual is.... and come up with BS on what they think they know but in reality they know nothing... there some good people on there but I can see anyone with common sense that makes a statement these people don't listen.... and they pass there BS on to people that don't know better to walk away. =0A> =0A>The chatter is stupid I have made a lot of good friends from the site but most have left for exactly this reason ..... why don't you pass this on to the forum and lets see the BS come back on this.=0A> =0A>Half of what these people say is wrong and half of what they tell new builders is incorrect this is a simple aircraft to build. and was designed by a good man that had more common sense in his baby finger than what I see in this hole forum. =0A> =0A>It seems that the new way in aviation and in homebuilding is to spoon feed this new breed..... on every little item If the forum wants to really back the Pietenpol Aircraft then do Andrew Pietenpol the honor of building the plane as per plans and stop the over building and analyzing every dam thing.... and spread some common sense around on the forum.=0A> =0A>I have never seen so much indecision on the building like I have on this forum I can go back in the archives and find good information up to a point .... then from that point you can read the BS from the new age.... so called know it all's.... It time someone spoke up here... its time to get back to correct advise to new builders that is backed up and not BS. =0A> =0A>Regards: Bill Budgell AME. Canada=0A> =0A>Cap Aviation Supplies=0A> =0A>From:Gary Boothe =0A>To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com =0A>Sent: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 9:09:13 PM=0A>Subject: RE: Pietenpol-List: Re: Used Pietenpol plans=0A> =0A>=9Cyou people=9D?=0A> =0A>Gary Boothe=0A>NX308MB=0A> =0A>From:owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Bill Budgell=0A>Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2014 5:52 PM=0A>To: pietenpol-list@matronics.com=0A>Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Used Pietenpol plans=0A> =0A>Yes and the way you people carry on with his grandfathers design your lucky he still sells the blueprints .=0A> =0A>Regards: Bill Budgell=0A> =0A>Cap Aviation Supplies=0A> =0A>From:Doug =0A>To: "pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com" =0A>Sent: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 6:50:56 PM=0A>Subject: RE: Pietenpol-List: Re: Used Pietenpol plans=0A> =0A>He is more gracious than most design holder. Certainly more than I would be, but nonetheless I would question a person's character who would not purchase plans from the design holder just to save a couple bucks on a $10,000+ airplane. This is no reflection on you...well a little, but on the purchaser. Andrew deserves the money as without him there would be no more Piet plans.=0A>=0A>Doug Dever=0A>In beautiful Stow Ohio=0A>