Pietenpol-List: tail section turnbuckles

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: tail section turnbuckles

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack Phillips"
I recently bought 1/16 turnbuckles for the tail section but I noticed at Brodhead that most (if not everyone) is using 3/32 - or at least that is what it looked like. I can't recall who=2C but someone on here had recommended 1/16 based on a previous archive search. Any comments on 1/16 vs. 3/32 - obviously the 3/32 is stronger but the 1/16 is rated at around 700 lbs each - should be plenty strong.Tom B.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: home safe

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
I made it back safely as well, but in two days. Left OSH Friday morning andmade it to Dayton, OH. Saw groundspeeds as high as 82 knots on the GPS.Left Dayton this morning and flew to Smith Mountain Lake, VA where I leftthe Piet in the hangar and climbed into the RV-4 for the final leg home toRaleigh, NC. I can't believe it's all over for another year. Hope theweather is better next year so I can get a full 3 days at Brodhead, and hopmore rides.Sure enjoyed seeing everybody there...Jack PhillipsNX899JP"Icarus Plummet"-----Original Message-----
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: home safe

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jack Phillips
John, Jack, MichaelI am glad to hear all are back safely. I wanted to thank you guys for your invitationto join in on Friday. Speaking for Dennis and I, we really enjoyed it despitethe rain. Thanks againJohn RecineSafe in the morning and not in the evening, right Jack ------Original Message------
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: tail section turnbuckles

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: TOM MICHELLE BRANT
1/16 cable is rated for 480#. The 14 ga. hard wire on the plans is rated closer to 750#.3/32 cable is more common on the tail structure than 1/16 cable. ----- Original Message -----
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: tail section turnbuckles

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: gcardinal(at)comcast.net
Greg - thanks for the info - I guess I could have looked at the cable rating instead of the fitting rating. Tom B.
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: tail section turnbuckles

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:
1/16 cable is rated for 480#. The 14 ga. hard wire on the plans is rated closer to 750#.3/32 cable is more common on the tail structure than 1/16 cable. ----- Original Message -----