Pietenpol-List: low and slow in a Champ with the door off

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Intercom

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:>- --- Gene & Tammy
The instructions are somewhere in the archives, but the short of it is this:1) cut an 'X' in the lid, big enough to let the mic pass through2) push the lid over the mic3) wrap the mic with gauze or soft, open cell foam4) drill a small hole, 1/8-1/4" in the side of the cannister5) place cannister over mic and snap on the lid6) position the hole in front of your mouth and talk.On 01/29/2010 12:07 PM, Michael Perez wrote:> Well, what is it you do with the canister? Sounds like a good idea.>> --- On *Fri, 1/29/10, Gene & Tammy //* wrote:>>
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "kevinpurtee"
able.net>I tried the 35 mm film canister someone else on this list suggested....and....NO open cockpit noise, using a 40 year old head set &mic (cost me $20 12 years ago)- Received reports from as close as 5 milesand as far away as 45 miles by pilots that could not understand me before,due to open cockpit noise.- Try it, you'll like it.Gene- in Beautiful, snowy Tennessee.N502R----- Original Message -----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gary Boothe"
Subject: Pietenpol-List: low and slow in a Champ with the door offOf possible interest. This gent's brother is building a Pietenpol in Ohio.Most Pietenpol builders are wanna be crop dusters it seems to me. I know I fit thatcategory. (watch those high tension power lines fellas and cell towers)Mike C.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BziHdAVN ... __________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: low and slow in a Champ with the door off

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
I like the weeds blowing from his axle! Guess that's better than weeds onthe cabanes...Gary BootheCool, CAPietenpolWW Corvair ConversionTail done, Fuselage on gear16 ribs done
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: airlion
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: low and slow in a Champ with the door off

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "taildrags"
Hi Perry - I bought a complete package from these people:http://www.miracleantenna.com/includes headsets, intercom, radio, external antenna (that reaches out more than50 miles on a handheld). It was expensive, but when I priced all the stuffindividually the package was cheaper. Works great but there's no getting aroundopen cockpit noise.Kevin PurteeNX899KPRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: low and slow in a Champ with the door off
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Isablcorky(at)aol.com
Yup... I've done my share of simulated aerial application in 41CC. We have a verynice array of farms in the area around 8T8 where I'm based, and I have oftenapplied swaths of virtual bugjuice, invisible fertilizer, and transparent herbicidesfrom the imaginary booms and hopper in my Piet. If I would just goahead and complete the installation of my smoke system on the airplane, I coulddo some REAL insect control with it!--------Oscar ZunigaSan Antonio, TXAir Camper NX41CCRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: low and slow in a Champ with the door off

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gene & Tammy"
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: low and slow in a Champ with the door offDon't forget the middle east schwine drops with 41CC. That blood was difficult to wash off.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "kevinpurtee"
I tried the 35 mm film canister someone else on this list suggested....and....NO open cockpit noise, using a 40 year old head set & mic (cost me $20 12 years ago) Received reports from as close as 5 miles and as far away as 45 miles by pilots that could not understand me before, due to open cockpit noise. Try it, you'll like it.Gene in Beautiful, snowy Tennessee.N502R----- Original Message -----
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Intercom

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Perez
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Intercom

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Dan Yocum
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Re: Intercom

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Perez
matronics

> Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Intercom

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> "kevinpurtee" > >>> I tried the 35 mm film canister someone else on this list> suggested....and....NO open cockpit noise, using a 40 year old head> set &> mic (cost me $20 12 years ago) Received reports from as close as 5> miles> and as far away as 45 miles by pilots that could not understand me> before,> due to open cockpit noise. Try it, you'll like it.> Gene in Beautiful, snowy Tennessee.> N502R>>> ----- Original Message -----
matronics

>- --- Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Intercom

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:>- --- "kevinpurtee" >- ---- --->>>- ---I tried the 35 mm film canister someone else on this list>- ---suggested....and....NO open cockpit noise, using a 40 year old head>- ---set &>- ---mic (cost me $20 12 years ago) Received reports from as close as 5>- ---miles>- ---and as far away as 45 miles by pilots that could not understand me>- ---before,>- ---due to open cockpit noise. Try it, you'll like it.>- ---Gene in Beautiful, snowy Tennessee.>- ---N502R>>>- -------- Original Message -----