Pietenpol-List: Re: Watch for spam

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Watch for spam

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "tkreiner"
Jorge wrote [translated]-> >can you also tell me what is the normal average hrs>for building the piet.- thanks for your help jorge from hanfordJorge, I have never built a Piet so I don't know how long it takes.I would say it takes somewhere between 2,000 and 10,000 hoursdepending on how much of it you construct yourself.- Some buildersmake all of the parts themselves while other builders buy some ofthe metal fittings and other parts already made.- Some buildersmake things like the gear legs and wing struts out of wood, whichmeans laminating, gluing, and shaping everything by hand.- Somebuilders spend months and months on their cockpits and instrumentpanels, like Clif Dawson.- Some builders spend weeks and monthsmaking their own beautiful hand-carved propellers, or convertingtheir own Ford or Corvair engines.- Just too many variables.Let's say you worked on your airplane all day Saturday and half aday Sunday, every week except on holidays.- Maybe 15 hours per weekfor 45 weeks in a year.- That's 675 hours.- If you built your Pietvery simply and without modifications or changes from the plans andit took 2000 hours to build, that would be about 3 years.If you were retired or wealthy and you could work on your airplaneall day every day- say, 40 hours/week- and you were an unsociableold sourpuss who didn't spend any time with family or friends overthe holidays so you worked on it 50 weeks a year (one week off for juryduty and another week off to get over that bad cold)- that's2000 hours and you could finish your airplane in one year.Or you could do like I did and send Corky some money, get the keysto a Piet that's already flying, and go to Old Kingsbury withKevin and I ;o)Oscar ZunigaAir Camper NX41CCSan Antonio, TXmailto: taildrags(at)hotmail.comwebsite at http://www.flysquirrel.net --- -------- ------ --- - le, List Admin.________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Watch for spam