RE: Pietenpol-List: Richard's Piet on wire wheels for first time in his

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Richard's Piet on wire wheels for first time in his

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Cuy, Michael D. (GRC-RXD0)[ASRC AEROSPACE CORP]
Thanks Mike, Greg, Kevin, Vic, Dan and any one else I may have missed !!All of you have been an on going help and inspiration for this project. Istarted by building the ribs first in May of 2003. I tried to work as oftenas I could, but work and travel made it a difficult task at times. As Icontinued on the path, going to Brodhead every year and seeing otherbuilders progress on the web was a constant spirit lifter. I always hadgoals that I was trying to get done, like.....finish the ribs, do thewings, make the gear legs. It always seemed so far in the future, but ifyou just have faith and plug away, it finally gets done.As I have mentioned in the past, I am fortunate in that there is a coregroup at my home airport (VPZ - Porter Co. Indiana) that are verysupportive. There are AP's, IA's, aircraft builders, rebuilders, Pietenpolbuilders, gear heads, motorcycle nuts and general all around good people.Most of them are keeping track of my progress. Since I am now semi-retiredI am out at the airport most days using machinery to get parts made orwelding done. Rick Schreiber> [Original Message]