Pietenpol-List: Re: 40 hour fly-off and Cloudcars prop

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: 40 hour fly-off and Cloudcars prop

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Lawrence Williams
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: 40 hour fly-off and Cloudcars propJack, I bought my engine from Rucker Tibbs without logs, and also have a Cloudcars prop. Scott Liefield, the Cloudcars prop is a 72 X 44. I'll let you all know how it performs. So far, I get about 2050 rpm at static runup, but figuring it should go higher when the airplane is airborne.Matt Paxton________________________________________________________________________________Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 05:34:19 -0700 (PDT)
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Plywood Order

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Bill Church"
Matt,What engine do you have the Cloudcar bolted to?--------Scott LiefeldFlying N11MS since March 1972Steel TubeC-85-12Wire WheelsBrodhead in 1996Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Plywood Order
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack Phillips"
First off, 1/16" IS the thickness called for in the plans, for the wing rib gussets.I used Finnish Birch A/C ply for mine, but the ribs are very robust. WhileOkoume is not quite as strong as Birch I'm sure it would work just fine forthe rib gussets. I'm using 1088 Okoume Marine ply for all the rest of my plywoodin my construction.And secondly, Mark (Roberts), never mind making CNC-machined jigs - why not justbuild some airplane parts.Bill C.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

RE: project statuses [was: Re: Pietenpol-List: Model "A" engine for sale]

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Shouldn't be a problem, other than possibly fouling the non-firing plugs.I'd advise cleaning them well before using them again.Jack PhillipsNX899JP "Icarus Plummet"Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia _____
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Re: 40 hour fly-off and Cloudcars prop

Post by matronics »

Did Rucker rebuild the engine? I've heard both good and bad things abouthis "mechanikin' ".Jack _____
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Matronics problem?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: shad bell
Larry,I just went to the Matronics website, and tried to access the Digest version, andthe link did not work for me.In fact, none of the Digest version links(for other Lists) would work either.But when I copied and pasted the URL into my browser, it worked.Maybe this link will do the trick: http://www.matronics.com/digest/pietenp ... x.htmlBill C.ABC, DEF, GHILMNOPRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 07:54:46 -0700 (PDT)
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Re: 40 hour fly-off and Cloudcars prop

Post by matronics »

Good idea, Matt. You buy it then I can borrow it to see what my engine/propis really doing.Jack PhillipsNX899JP "Icarus Plummet"Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia-----Original Message-----
matronics

Pietenpol-List: project statuses [was: Re: Model "A" engine for sale]

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Groah
I have been working mostly on finishing the '38 Taylorcraft restoration. Wx hasbeen lousy for any test flights, so to soothe myself, I started the Piet twoweekends ago. Ran fine for a couple minutes then shook like it was going to tearitself off the mount. As I got around to to shut it down, I noticed no tachand no oil pressure( I had both on start-up). In reviewing the situation, I ampretty confident that the fiber cam gear self-destructed, throwing the timingcompletely off.. I will tear it down as time allows. Discouraging to say theleast.--------PAPA MIKERead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 11:49:03 -0700 (PDT)
matronics

Pietenpol-List: West Coast Piet Gathering

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Cuy, Michael D. (GRC-RXD0)[ASRC AEROSPACE CORP]"
Location: Frazier Lake (very nice grass strip airport just north of Hollister CA)If you're planning on coming it would be nice if you could rsvp to Charlie Miller (our host) or my self Mike Groah so Charlie can plan the food. We had a great turn outand fun time last year and I'm sure this year will be even better. Attached is the info sheet for the event which has the times, phone numbers andother details.Thanks, and I hope to see you in June!Mike GroahTulare CA ________________________________________________________________________________