Pietenpol-List: 1000 hours - NASA style...

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: 1000 hours - NASA style...

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "aerocarjake"
I am wondering about the flex in my ailerons on the GN-1 I finished and startedflying. a friend was looking at it and pointed out that there is quite a bitof weakness in the aileron when you put some tension or lift toward the endsof them-at the trailing edge. it wrinkles the fabric pretty easy and he was concernedthat there might be something coming apart. I cut the fabric away fromthe underside of the left one to be sure and it looks OK. it just is not a verystiff spar on the front and there are no X or V braces going back to transferthe loads like I have seen on other designs. I may be over-complicating thething. it has flown OK up to now. I see nothing in the plans to indicate anythingother than the simple spar and ribs going back to the aluminum trailing edgeI have - this wing was the project I bought from D.J. Vegh. I am in the unfortunateshape of needing to go away on a job for a couple weeks and it wouldbe good to have this fixed before too long but other than peel all the fabricoff and glue a continuous strip of plywood along the top and bottom of the sparand maybe some angle strips of wood back from the aileron horn area I am notsure what I might do to fix it or if i needs anything. have any of you ran intothis and did it concern you? RaymondRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: 1000 hours - NASA style...