Pietenpol-List: Re: Tight bungees

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Tight bungees

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Dortch, Steven D MAJ MIL USA NGB"
I rewrapped mine after rebuilding the gear, before I put on the wheels, uh, withthe fuse upside down on sawhorses.It was actually very easy and I got them WAY tighter than before.Sooo, the point is, do most folks do them with the wheels on, or off? Dick andI did them together the first time with everything together, just jacking upthe plane, and it was MUCH more difficult. I'm not sure how much of the "easy" I'll retain by doing them with the wheels off,but upside right... It sure handled a lot better with them tighter than looser.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Re: Tight bungees

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> n0kkj(at)yahoo.com
We did ours with the wheels off but right side up. It was a chore for the two of us and Mike is young and tough. He had a little extra length and a good pair of vise grips. It was a chore to remember=2C even in my old age. We stated with as hard a pull as we could muster and held that tension all the way through the wrap. It is not a cushy ride but stable on the ground.Mike had to make an off field in the dirt landing with the engine not running and had no control issues at all. This was with a passenger in the front seat. I think the stiff suspension was a factor in the ultimate success on a bad day. Vic 414MV> Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Tight bungees
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Charles Burkholder"
> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> > > I rewrapped mine after rebuilding the gear=2C before I put on the wheels=2C uh=2C with the fuse upside down on sawhorses.> > It was actually very easy and I got them WAY tighter than before.> > Sooo=2C the point is=2C do most folks do them with the wheels on=2C or off? Dick and I did them together the first time with everything together=2C just jacking up the plane=2C and it was MUCH more difficult. > > I'm not sure how much of the "easy" I'll retain by doing them with the wheels off=2C but upside right... > > It sure handled a lot better with them tighter than looser.> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 093#402093> > > > > > > ============================================> > > ________________________________________________________________________________