Pietenpol-List: wood prop bolts

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: wood prop bolts

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Dortch, Steven D MAJ MIL USA NGB"
Douwe-How EXCITING this preparation must be for you! I'm thrilled you'll be able to fire up Wednesday morning and start your journey. Add 30 minutes at each fuel stop for onlookers and questions. (maybe more with your beautiful plane!)Your catch of loose prop bolts on your condition inspection was just fantastic! That is a good reminder to all of us that we should check our prop bolt torque more often than not, especially living in areas of the country that experience wide variations in temperature and humidity.That is really high PSI you're running on your clincher tires. I'd like to hear more about that at Brodhead. I'm running about 25psi on my motorcycle tires. Maybe there is something different about your setup/ clinchers. Interesting!You'll feel a great sense of satisfaction approaching Brodhead by air instead of car for the very FIRST time ever after all of your years coming. One thing that might surprise you is that from certain angles, Brodhead airport is difficult to spot! Trust your Texaco map, gps, and gut and remember that the airport will pretty much look like everything else!Mike C.[cid:image001.jpg(at)01CE8779.89304E40]________________________________________________________________________________