Pietenpol-List: leading edge plywood - Mea Culpa

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: leading edge plywood - Mea Culpa

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Ha! That's right! I said those words! Thank you, Mike, for reminding me, andgiving me an opportunity to clarify my hasty response this morning.My earlier response was, "Unless you want to bet your life on someone else'swing re-design, I would suggest to just follow the plans." Joe Pringle'squestion was, ".Is this adequate?"What I should have said is to educate and convince yourself that you aremaking the right decision, not just 'cuz someone else did it. In allfairness, Joe probably got the idea from Mike, then began the process ofconvincing himself by asking The List for feedback. Unfortunately, that'sprobably like asking, "Hey, I saw this Riblett airfoil.is that better?" It is an enormous undertaking to properly understand wing design.and thereare significant differences among the aircraft that I listed as examples.The T-craft uses an aluminum rib, and the Boredom Fighter a plywood rib.justfor starters. FWIW - I have abandoned the wing re-design on my next project,and will follow plans.Joe Pringle - My apologies for a hasty response. I hope you continue yourinformation quest and make a decision that causes you comfort.Gary BootheNX308MB