Pietenpol-List: new BPA Newsletter editor

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: new BPA Newsletter editor

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "taildrags"
Ben can you expand on how a right angle drive can work with both? I have a C85and a counterclockwise tach.Thanks!Sent from my iPadJack TextorOn Oct 10, 2013, at 12:58 PM, Ben Charvet wrote:> > Its been a few years, but I ordered my tach cable from ACS. I also ordered theright angle drive to simplify installation. The right angle drive enablesyou to use a clockwise or counter-clockwise tachometer. I bought one with a builtin recording hour meter. For oil pressure it would probably be best to usea mechanical gauge, which involves running a simple tube from the engine tothe gauge. I used automotive oil pressure and temp gauges and they don't useany electricity.> > Ben Charvet> NX866BC> 189 hours after the flight this morning> > On 10/10/2013 11:49 AM, Ray Krause wrote:>> >> Does any one have a good tach cable for the A-65, probably about 4' long? ACSseems to have them, but it is hard to determine if they will fit the A-65.>> >> Another question: the tach I have is non-recording but I have a Hobbs meterwith two leads ( it has only 14 hrs on it), can it be used without an electricalsystem, no battery planned? Does the oil pressure sensor somehow send a microvoltage? Maybe I should just get a recording tach! But I like the looks ofthe old one!>> >> Thanks,>> >> Ray Krause>> SkyScout, motor mount done, working on the panel>> >> Sent from my iPad> > > -- > Ben Charvet, PharmD> Staff Pharmacist> Parrish Medical center> > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: new BPA Newsletter editor
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: new BPA Newsletter editor

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "taildrags"
I got my new BPA Newsletter in the mail the other day (lots of good stuff in there,by the way), and I see that John Hofmann has stepped up as the new editor,beginning with the January 2014 issue. Perfect timing, kicking off the 85thanniversary year of the Piet. John will, of course, be succeeding Doc and DeeMosher, who have raised that baby with loving care and kept it interesting andtimely. I look forward to every issue.My favorite article in the latest issue is "A Brodhead Odyssey", Douwe Blumberg'snarrative about his and Marci's trip to Brodhead 2013. Since I will probablynot live to make that flight myself, I really enjoyed Douwe's story and theencouraging things that he found at old-timey airports along the way. Greatreading.--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 powerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: new BPA Newsletter editor
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: W&B simplified------

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "aerocarjake"
PS, also in the current issue is the logo for the 2013 Brodhead event, which isreally nice. If anyone knows how I can get in touch with Pat Weeden to findout more about the logo and possibly use the graphic for an art project that Ihave in mind, I would appreciate it.--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 powerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: W&B simplified------
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Re: new BPA Newsletter editor

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> taildrags
Oscar,I think (webmasterATeaa.org) is Pat Weeden, or his brother. If not they canprobably get you in touch with him.Skip> [Original Message]
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Re: new BPA Newsletter editor

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> taildrags
Oscar, Make that (webmasterATeaa431.org)Skip> [Original Message]
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Re: new BPA Newsletter editor

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "skipgadd(at)earthlink.net"
> Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: new BPA Newsletter editor>>> PS, also in the current issue is the logo for the 2013 Brodhead event,which is really nice. If anyone knows how I can get in touch with PatWeeden to find out more about the logo and possibly use the graphic for anart project that I have in mind, I would appreciate it.>> --------> Oscar Zuniga> Medford, OR> Air Camper NX41CC "Scout"> A75 power>>> Read this topic online here:>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Re: new BPA Newsletter editor

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Perez
> Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: new BPA Newsletter editor>>> PS, also in the current issue is the logo for the 2013 Brodhead event,which is really nice. If anyone knows how I can get in touch with PatWeeden to find out more about the logo and possibly use the graphic for anart project that I have in mind, I would appreciate it.>> --------> Oscar Zuniga> Medford, OR> Air Camper NX41CC "Scout"> A75 power>>> Read this topic online here:>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 07:44:36 -0700 (PDT)