> Pietenpol-List: It's been 85 years=2C ya know....

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: It's been 85 years=2C ya know....

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> EmchAir(at)aol.com
Great idea. I wish I had mine ready to participate. Not until next year. Perhaps I will be able to attend the 90th . . . Lorenzo> Subject: Pietenpol-List: It's been 85 years=2C ya know....
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Boatright, Jeffrey"
> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> > > Just kicking around and idea....> > In '09=2C for the 80th anniversary of the "Air Camper" several of us flew as a group to Oshkosh. We made a humble little statement that Pietenpols and their builders are alive and well. Overall it was a success and created a lot of memories for a lot of people. I also believe it kick started several builds. I think any design that has endured like the Pietenpol design has deserves to be recognized at least every 5 years.> > Any interest out there in doing something similar to what we did in '09? It was also done in '99 and '89. Maybe it's a little premature to think about doing it again=2C but every 10 years just seems like a long time to put together a little Oshkosh celebration. What has worked in the past has been to congregate at Brodhead for the regular Piet fly-in then gather together and fly en mass to Oshkosh on Sunday morning. There would have to be lots of cooperation with the OSH tower and EAA folks. They'd have to want to recognize the 85th Year Anniversary to make it really cool. In the past we've had a few "ins" when it came to dealing with those folks.> > What do all the flyers or organizers think about this? I sure had a Piet-load of fun in '09. Besides one of my sweet kids dropped and broke my mug that I got for flying in there. I need to get another one...> > Don Emch> NX899DE> > P.S. It's okay to shoot the idea down... won't hurt my feelings. :)> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 212#420212> > > > > > > ============================================> > > ________________________________________________________________________________