Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

> Fw: VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Brent Reed
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Fw: VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!>Just received this e-mail. Don't know if is legit or not.>>Craig>>Subject: Fw: VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!>>>If you receive an email titled "It Takes Guts to Say 'Jesus'" DO NOT"open>it. It will erase everything on your hard drive. Forward this letter outto>as many people as you can. This is a new, very malicious>virus and not many people know about it. This information was announced>yesterday morning from IBM; please share it with everyone that might access>the internet. Once again, pass this along to> EVERYONE in your address book so that this may be stopped.>AOL has said that this is a very dangerous virus and that there is NOremedy>for it at this time. Please practice cautionary measures and forward thisto>all your online friends ASAP.>Bryan Martin>Compaq Computer Corporation>1125 Evergreen Oak Way>Dacula, Georgia 30019>(770) 822-1195 office>(770) 354-6082 mobile>(888) 979-3719 pager>bryan.martin(at)compaq.com>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Brent Reed
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA>It isn't working for me either....Melissa must have bitten him in a>sensitive area...>>Dave and Connie wrote:>>> Has everyone else had problems with the BPA site for the last>> few days? I can't get in anymore.>>>> I have been trying http://users.aol.com/bpanews/www.html.>>>> Dave>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Craig & Shari Hanson
It isn't working for me either....Melissa must have bitten him in asensitive area...Dave and Connie wrote:> Has everyone else had problems with the BPA site for the last> few days? I can't get in anymore.>> I have been trying http://users.aol.com/bpanews/www.html.>> Dave________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Fw: VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Earl Myers
Just received this e-mail. Don't know if is legit or not.CraigSubject: Pietenpol-List: Fw: VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!If you receive an email titled "It Takes Guts to Say 'Jesus'" DO NOT"openit. It will erase everything on your hard drive. Forward this letter out toas many people as you can. This is a new, very maliciousvirus and not many people know about it. This information was announcedyesterday morning from IBM; please share it with everyone that might accessthe internet. Once again, pass this along to EVERYONE in your address book so that this may be stopped.AOL has said that this is a very dangerous virus and that there is NO remedyfor it at this time. Please practice cautionary measures and forward this toall your online friends ASAP.Bryan MartinCompaq Computer Corporation1125 Evergreen Oak WayDacula, Georgia 30019(770) 822-1195 office(770) 354-6082 mobile(888) 979-3719 pagerbryan.martin(at)compaq.com________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Craig & Shari Hanson
This sounds like a farce to me. I do not believe straight e-mail with outattachments can erase your hard drive or do anything to your computer.-----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Warren Shoun
I got it to work OK right off of this http......-----Original Message-----
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: : BPA

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: vistin(at)juno.com
Hi Guys , Does anyone know if the BPA is still an active organization oris it defunct? Are the newsletters still being published? I'd like to joinbut heard the newsletters aren't being sent out anymore. Can anyone shedsome light on this? Thanks, Sam>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: : BPA

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: fishin
>>Hi Guys ,> Does anyone know if the BPA is still an active organization or>is it defunct? Are the newsletters still being published? I'd like to join>but heard the newsletters aren't being sent out anymore. Can anyone shed>some light on this?> Thanks,> SamRight, the newsletter is defunct. Grant MacLaren ceased publishing thenewsletter as of Dec 00.Anyway, that's the last I heard.Mike B Piet N687MB ( Mr Sam )________________________________________________________________________________Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 21:14:11 -0600
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Domenico Bellissimo"
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: : BPASam, I haven't heard anything about the BPA. I had submitted some additionalmoney to the extend my subscription to the end of the year and wassuppossed to get a couple more issues, but they never came. There somediscussion at Brodhead this summer about who was to take over and Ithought there was a couple of people who were willing to do it and itonly needed to be decided who was going to get it. Don't know what'sgoing on, but it doesn't look good. I really feel bad about this and really miss the newsletters. Grant dida great job on it and needs to be commended for his work.John LangstonPipe Creek, TXnle97(at)juno.com writes:>>>Hi Guys ,> Does anyone know if the BPA is still an active >organization or>is it defunct? Are the newsletters still being published? I'd like to >join>but heard the newsletters aren't being sent out anymore. Can anyone >shed>some light on this?> Thanks,> Sam>>>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Eugene Hubbard
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Airplaneman123(at)aol.com
I sent in dues last year and have not received any newsletter. I know Grantwas in the midst of building a house and doubt that he has even opened themail from last year. My money order hasn't been cashed yet.Domenico________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Michael Brusilow"
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: : BPAJohn, You are absolutely right. Grant needs to be acknowledged somehow for the MANY contributions he has made over the years. I had fallen out of the loop for a while, and when I returned, Grant, as well as the newsletter, was gone. That hurt. What should be done? Can he even be reached? Ron________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: fishin
>>John,> You are absolutely right. Grant needs to be acknowledged somehow for the>MANY contributions he has made over the years. I had fallen out of the loop>for a while, and when I returned, Grant, as well as the newsletter, wasgone.>That hurt.> What should be done? Can he even be reached? RonI believe that some sort of presentation was made to Grant at OSH this pastyear during the Piet homecoming.Mike B Piet N687MB ( Mr Sam )________________________________________________________________________________Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 21:20:37 -0600
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: John Duprey
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: SAM & JAN MARINUCCI
Sam & Jan: Type in "pietenpol" in your search engine and it will take you tothe Piet website. Lots of info there for all. B.J.P.----- Original Message -----
matronics

Pietenpol-List: BPA

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: vistin(at)juno.com
Heard from Grant. He is totally involved in building his house. When it isfinished, he will proably put out the last newsletter.For those who have received the newsletter in the past this is not news. Hehas said the above in both the newsletter & on his web page.Mike B Piet N687MB ( Mr Sam )________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Mr. Carmen A. Natalie"
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: : BPAJoe C et al....I second that re; not sending money. Grant has not responded to several of my letters and e-mails about not getting copies that I had paid for. I then sent extra money and have still heard nothing. That's a shame to end it like that...don't know what happened...he had done a fantastic job and just never seemed like a guy who would go back on his word and quit early Don________________________________________________________________________________Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 12:55:42 -0500
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Bob Hassel"
Hey guys,who is in charge of the BPA newsletter now? is it Doc Mosher?is he on the list or does someone have his email?ThanksDouwe________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Re: GN1 Plans with project

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Please add me to the list as well!Thanks,Bob HasselSanta Fe, NM-----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Andy Garrett"
A couple of pics for another example of the same.The laminating is fun, easy and strong once the instrument board and seat back are glued on. Scott KnowltonBurlington Sent from my iPhone> On Mar 13, 2015, at 9:35 AM, "jarheadpilot82" wrote:> mail.com>> > Paul,> > Look at the pictures of Kevin Purtee's repair by clicking on the following link-> > http://flycorvair.net/2015/03/13/curren ... npol-pt-1/> > Is that what you are talking about in picture #4? The area between the rear instrument and the back of the front seat?> > --------> Semper Fi,> > Terry Hand> Athens, GA> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 319#439319> > > > > > > ============================================================================================================================================> > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: BPA
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: BPA

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steven Dortch
I sent my check for membership to the BPA more than a month ago. It has not beencashed, and I have not been contacted in any way.The website is still showing the cover of a newsletter more than a year old.Has this assn gone dormant?I had planned to order several of the publications they list and sell, but I amreluctant to send another check not knowing if anyone is on the other end.Is this type of delayed response and out-of-date website condition common for theBPA, or is something amiss? I'm not judging--just trying to get a feel forwhat to expect.--------Andy Garrett'General Purpose Creative Dude'Haysville, KansasRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 14:55:03 -0500Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: BPA
matronics

Post by matronics »

PM him.--------Semper Fi,Terry HandAthens, GARead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA

Post by matronics »

Just curious. I guess I'm just eager to apply all the facts and opinions to my developing understandingof what is to come. Having that information at my disposal is requiredfor that understanding. Besides, the rather philisophical writings of WilliamWynn are central to my corvair-powered Piet build, and he is quite passionatein his distain for the idea of 'waiting'. [Wink] Just can't read and learn enough right now. [Shocked]--------Andy Garrett'General Purpose Creative Dude'Haysville, KansasRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 16:01:10 -0500Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA
matronics

Post by matronics »

That is a great site! Looking it over was inspiring, as many of those Fly Babyguys and gals choose to 'theme' their planes with WWI livery--several with fauxSpandau machine guns on the cowling. I intend something similar.Fun attitudes over there as well, and as you said, plenty of crossover information.--------Andy Garrett'General Purpose Creative Dude'Haysville, KansasRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 17:27:25 -0500Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: glenschweizer(at)yahoo.com
Andy,No, the association has not "gone dormant."There was a bit of a disruption in the publishing of the newsletter after Doc andDee Mosher handed over the reins to John Hofmann about a year ago. However,it seems that those troubles are now in the past. The latest issue of the newsletteris currently being delivered by the post office.A revamped website is in the works. Word has it that online dues payment willbe a welcome new feature.However, I'm not sure about your comment about "publications they list and sell".Doc compiled a list of useful books, but those books are available throughthe EAA, not the BPA.http://www.pietenpols.org/id1.htmlBill C.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA
matronics

Post by matronics »

Hey Andy You'll also want to check out Kansas City dawn patrol website. One of the originalmembers (Marvin Story) developed, an had plans for an oxy acetylene firedfaux machine gun on their site. You mentioned possibly a WWI derivative? What are you dreaming up(tell me yoursand I'll tell ya mine) Glen. Aerial in progress(fuse off the bench tailfeathers and rear pit seat this weekend)Sent from my iPhone> On Mar 13, 2015, at 2:46 PM, "Andy Garrett" wrote:> > > That is a great site! Looking it over was inspiring, as many of those Fly Babyguys and gals choose to 'theme' their planes with WWI livery--several with fauxSpandau machine guns on the cowling. I intend something similar.> > Fun attitudes over there as well, and as you said, plenty of crossover information.> > --------> Andy Garrett> 'General Purpose Creative Dude'> Haysville, Kansas> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 336#439336> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Greg Bacon
Thanks for the clarification Bill. I'll grab those from EAA then.Glen, I'm not planning any 'cloning' really--just a 'flavor'.I'll have what is essentially a solo cockpit due to my body weight of 255-260 (nogear). The forward cockpit will be baggage and maybe a lot of fuel (still haven'tmade my decision on a wing tank). It will have a removable hard cover withfake guns mounted to it.The engine will be a high mount Corvair with a spinner and eyebrows outside a narrowcowling. No tail changes, but colors will be German with a nod to my timewith the 101st Airborne Division.That's my daydream vision this month. It may evolve.--------Andy Garrett'General Purpose Creative Dude'Haysville, KansasRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 22:36:32 -0500Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA
matronics

Post by matronics »

Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA
matronics

Post by matronics »

I'll be working in Houston next week and Burbank the following week...anyone availableif I was to invite myself over for a visit?Jim in PryorSent from my smartphone.________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA