Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead 2015 - Pietenpol Hatz Fly in Schedule of

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "echobravo4"
T2theeKApi4udGhlcmXigJlzIHJlYXNvbiBudW1iZXIgMjQ3IHRoYXQgSeKAmW0gZ2xhZCBJ4oCZbSBwbGFubmluZyBvbiBjb21pbmcgdG8gQnJvZGhlYWQgYWdhaW4gdGhpcyB5ZWFyLg0KDQpXaGF0IGFuIGhvbm9yIGl0IHdpbGwgYmUgdG8gbWVldCB5b3UgdGhlcmUgQ2h1Y2shISEgICBTbyBnbGFkIHlvdSBhcmUgbWFraW5nIHRoZSB0cmlwIGFuZCBzb3VuZHMgbGlrZSB5b3XigJlyZSBjb21pbmcgaW4gc3R5bGUgdG9vIHdpdGggeW91ciBkYXVnaHRlcg0KYW5kIGhlciBzb24hICAgTG9va2luZyBmb3J3YXJkIHRvIG1lZXRpbmcgeW91ISEhDQoNCk1pY2hhZWwgQ3V5DQpPaGlvDQoNCg0K________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead 2015 - Pietenpol Hatz Fly in Schedule ofEvents
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "PatrickW"
I was seriously considering a 2001 VW TDI engine for a Piet.Peak torque was at 1850 rpm. Inline 4 cylinder turbocharged diesel engine. I still think that engine would have worked fine, but there were 2 things swayedme from that path: the availability of diesel/JetA fuel at the kind of airportsthat Piets typically fly at; and the fact that I trashed the engine shortlyafter I chip-tuned it and put a bigger turbocharger on it (but it sure wasfun for a while).It strikes me that human life is simply way too short to learn everything thata person wants to. Patrick HoytN63PZRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead 2015 - Pietenpol Hatz Fly in Schedule ofEvents
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack Philips"
Tent camping at Brodhead is very special experience. Sometimes, in that early morning hour before sunrise there is a light ground fog.It's during that early time of the morning when there isn't yet enough lightto see things in color. Seeing the Pietenpols and other old style airplanesin that fog makes you feel like you have went back in time.During this time the air is very still and quiet, and it is as peaceful as youwill ever experience. The silence of the hour is soon perforated by a cacophony of flatulence emanatingfrom the tents, which is soon followed by the sounds of old engines startingup, heralding the beginning of another new and wonderful day among friends atBrodhead. Patrick HoytN63PZRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "tools"
Hi Douwe Have you ever tried ethylene glycol? It has amazing "hang "time. I have noidea about any toxity issues if at all, but I do know this: a friends wifecalled the fire dept after seeing smoke rolling out of her husbands hanger aftera brief test of his smoke system. I think it's better than oil and it doesrinse off the airplane with water. Maybe worth a try. GlenSent from my iPhone> On Jul 3, 2015, at 1:13 PM, Douwe Blumberg wrote:> > > I need to fill up my smoke tank before brodhead. Any good smoke oil recipesout there?> > Douwe> > Sent from my iPhone> > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead 2015 - Pietenpol Hatz Fly in Schedule ofEvents