Pietenpol-List: Heritage flyin Dayton

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Heritage flyin Dayton

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Douwe Blumberg
Well, that's kinda the point! Search toolstock here or on owwm.org for more detail.Cheers,ToolsRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Heritage flyin Dayton
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Heritage flyin Dayton

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ray Krause
Douwe,How was the fly-in? I'll bet it was great. You guys in the east seem to havemore grass roots fly-ins than we do on the west coast. I sure wish I could attendthose. It's just not close enough for me. Cheers,--------Scott LiefeldFlying N11MS since March 1972Steel TubeC-85-12Wire WheelsBrodhead in 1996Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "AircamperN11MS"
Maybe all those nice, green grass strips has something to do with that?Starting on covering the wings. The workshop gave birth to the fuselage last Monday. Making progress.Ray KrauseSent from my iPad> On Aug 13, 2015, at 12:03 PM, AircamperN11MS wrote:> ty.org>> > Douwe,> > How was the fly-in? I'll bet it was great. You guys in the east seem to have more grass roots fly-ins than we do on the west coast. I sure wish I could attend those. It's just not close enough for me. > > Cheers,> > --------> Scott Liefeld> Flying N11MS since March 1972> Steel Tube> C-85-12> Wire Wheels> Brodhead in 1996> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 901#445901> > > > > > > ============================================================================================================================================> > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Heritage flyin Dayton
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Heritage flyin Dayton

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Gary Boothe
Thanks, I will make it a point to let you know when it takes to the air. The fellowwho bought Bill Rewey's Piet (NX17WR) has it at a private airport just southof Chico Ranchero Airport (CL56). That airport is named "Johnsen". Problemis, I have the new owner's name! Must be "Johnsen" , or something! It is a grassstrip, has a fishing lake, amphib/float landing strip, BBQ and picnic area.He has offered it for a Piet flyin and family picnic/fishing day whenever wewant. He has a float (amphib?) plane and must be quite the pilot. He's a bigalmond grower in Chico. Maybe we should plan a Piet flyin there this fall? Hesaid he would supply the BBQ? How could we go wrong? Maybe Piets and older planes?RaySent from my iPad> On Aug 13, 2015, at 1:03 PM, AircamperN11MS wrote:> > > Ray,> > Absolutely outstanding. I can't wait to see it in person.> > --------> Scott Liefeld> Flying N11MS since March 1972> Steel Tube> C-85-12> Wire Wheels> Brodhead in 1996> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 904#445904> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Heritage flyin Dayton
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Douwe Blumberg"
Another Piet Fly-in? Oh...alright....count me IN I guess...Gary BootheSent from my iPhone> On Aug 13, 2015, at 10:43 PM, Ray Krause wrote:> > Thanks, I will make it a point to let you know when it takes to the air. Thefellow who bought Bill Rewey's Piet (NX17WR) has it at a private airport justsouth of Chico Ranchero Airport (CL56). That airport is named "Johnsen". Problemis, I have the new owner's name! Must be "Johnsen" , or something! It is agrass strip, has a fishing lake, amphib/float landing strip, BBQ and picnic area.He has offered it for a Piet flyin and family picnic/fishing day wheneverwe want. He has a float (amphib?) plane and must be quite the pilot. He's a bigalmond grower in Chico. Maybe we should plan a Piet flyin there this fall? Hesaid he would supply the BBQ? > > How could we go wrong? Maybe Piets and older planes?> > Ray> > Sent from my iPad> >> On Aug 13, 2015, at 1:03 PM, AircamperN11MS wrote:>> >> >> Ray,>> >> Absolutely outstanding. I can't wait to see it in person.>> >> -------->> Scott Liefeld>> Flying N11MS since March 1972>> Steel Tube>> C-85-12>> Wire Wheels>> Brodhead in 1996>> >> >> >> >> Read this topic online here:>> >> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 904#445904>> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Hi Scott,Actually, the Dayton fly-in was really nice. It was their first year sothey didn't know what to expect. The weekend weather turned out absolutelygorgeous and about sixty planes flew in on Sat. Most flew in aroundbreakfast time and most flew out later aft. My daughter and I camped outFriday and sat night and left crack of dawn Sunday for a beautiful morningflight home.I come from So Cal, so I completely understand how blessed we are aroundhere with all the grass strips etc. However, the WX is MUCH moreproblematic. This is our third fly-in this year; one I scrubbed because WX,the second we only stayed part of a day and had to leave to beat some stormshome, so you have some things going for you out west that we don't.Douwe________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Heritage flyin Dayton
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Heritage fly-in

Post by matronics »

Ray,I have heard through the grapevine that his strip is very short. The person whotold me this was concerned that it could be too short for the Rewey Piet tofly from. This has not been confirmed but worth checking out before schedulinga get together there. I live too far away to run up and check it out. Perhapsone of the local guys can do that for us.Definitely worth checking.--------Scott LiefeldFlying N11MS since March 1972Steel TubeC-85-12Wire WheelsBrodhead in 1996Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Heritage fly-in
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jim Boyer
Douwe,I find it great to hear about your flying adventures. My daughters and I sentmany weekends camping under the Piet wing at fly-ins. Great memories for life.They grow up too fast. What part of CA were you in? I wonder if we have crossed paths before?--------Scott LiefeldFlying N11MS since March 1972Steel TubeC-85-12Wire WheelsBrodhead in 1996Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 14:09:51 +0000 (UTC)
matronics

Post by matronics »

Beautiful, Ray!!Sent from my iPad> On Aug 13, 2015, at 1:56 PM, Ray Krause wrote:> > Maybe all those nice, green grass strips has something to do with that?> > Starting on covering the wings. The workshop gave birth to the fuselage lastMonday. Making progress.> > Ray Krause> > > > > Sent from my iPad> >> On Aug 13, 2015, at 12:03 PM, AircamperN11MS wrote:>> >> >> Douwe,>> >> How was the fly-in? I'll bet it was great. You guys in the east seem to havemore grass roots fly-ins than we do on the west coast. I sure wish I couldattend those. It's just not close enough for me. >> >> Cheers,>> >> -------->> Scott Liefeld>> Flying N11MS since March 1972>> Steel Tube>> C-85-12>> Wire Wheels>> Brodhead in 1996>> >> >> >> >> Read this topic online here:>> >> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 901#445901> ===================================> ===================================> ===================================> ===================================> > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Gary and Jim,Thanks, I got the fabric on the bottom of the left wing, it's all taught, readyto turn it over and do the top side, then stitching...ugh!RaySent from my iPad> On Aug 14, 2015, at 7:26 AM, Gary Boothe wrote:> > > Beautiful, Ray!!> > Sent from my iPad> >> On Aug 13, 2015, at 1:56 PM, Ray Krause wrote:>> >> Maybe all those nice, green grass strips has something to do with that?>> >> Starting on covering the wings. The workshop gave birth to the fuselage lastMonday. Making progress.>> >> Ray Krause>> >> >> >> >> Sent from my iPad>> >>> On Aug 13, 2015, at 12:03 PM, AircamperN11MS wrote:>>> >>> >>> Douwe,>>> >>> How was the fly-in? I'll bet it was great. You guys in the east seem to havemore grass roots fly-ins than we do on the west coast. I sure wish I couldattend those. It's just not close enough for me. >>> >>> Cheers,>>> >>> -------->>> Scott Liefeld>>> Flying N11MS since March 1972>>> Steel Tube>>> C-85-12>>> Wire Wheels>>> Brodhead in 1996>>> >>> >>> >>> >>> Read this topic online here:>>> >>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 901#445901>> ===================================>> ===================================>> ===================================>> ===================================>> >> >> >> >> > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Scott,It's listed as 2700', longer than Ranchero which is just 2100'. Should be ok, exceptfor those turbine Piets! I had no trouble landing my Cub and Aeronca atRanchero.RaySent from my iPad> On Aug 14, 2015, at 7:02 AM, AircamperN11MS wrote:> > > Ray,> > I have heard through the grapevine that his strip is very short. The personwho told me this was concerned that it could be too short for the Rewey Piet tofly from. This has not been confirmed but worth checking out before schedulinga get together there. I live too far away to run up and check it out. Perhapsone of the local guys can do that for us.> > Definitely worth checking.> > --------> Scott Liefeld> Flying N11MS since March 1972> Steel Tube> C-85-12> Wire Wheels> Brodhead in 1996> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 930#445930> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

"Stitching is fun...stitching is fun....stitching is fun..."Sent from my iPhone> On Aug 14, 2015, at 8:44 PM, Ray Krause wrote:> > > Gary and Jim,> > Thanks, I got the fabric on the bottom of the left wing, it's all taught, readyto turn it over and do the top side, then stitching...ugh!> > Ray> > > Sent from my iPad> >> On Aug 14, 2015, at 7:26 AM, Gary Boothe wrote:>> >> >> Beautiful, Ray!!>> >> Sent from my iPad>> >>> On Aug 13, 2015, at 1:56 PM, Ray Krause wrote:>>> >>> Maybe all those nice, green grass strips has something to do with that?>>> >>> Starting on covering the wings. The workshop gave birth to the fuselage lastMonday. Making progress.>>> >>> Ray Krause>>> >>> >>> >>> >>> Sent from my iPad>>> >>>> On Aug 13, 2015, at 12:03 PM, AircamperN11MS wrote:>>>> >>>> >>>> Douwe,>>>> >>>> How was the fly-in? I'll bet it was great. You guys in the east seem tohave more grass roots fly-ins than we do on the west coast. I sure wish I couldattend those. It's just not close enough for me. >>>> >>>> Cheers,>>>> >>>> -------->>>> Scott Liefeld>>>> Flying N11MS since March 1972>>>> Steel Tube>>>> C-85-12>>>> Wire Wheels>>>> Brodhead in 1996>>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> Read this topic online here:>>>> >>>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 901#445901>>> ===================================>>> ===================================>>> ===================================>>> ===================================>>> >>> >>> >>> >>> > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Groah
Got any extra time? Stitching is fun!RaySent from my iPad> On Aug 14, 2015, at 7:55 PM, Gary Boothe wrote:> > > "Stitching is fun...stitching is fun....stitching is fun..."> > > Sent from my iPhone> >> On Aug 14, 2015, at 8:44 PM, Ray Krause wrote:>> >> >> Gary and Jim,>> >> Thanks, I got the fabric on the bottom of the left wing, it's all taught, readyto turn it over and do the top side, then stitching...ugh!>> >> Ray>> >> >> Sent from my iPad>> >>> On Aug 14, 2015, at 7:26 AM, Gary Boothe wrote:>>> >>> >>> Beautiful, Ray!!>>> >>> Sent from my iPad>>> >>>> On Aug 13, 2015, at 1:56 PM, Ray Krause wrote:>>>> >>>> Maybe all those nice, green grass strips has something to do with that?>>>> >>>> Starting on covering the wings. The workshop gave birth to the fuselage lastMonday. Making progress.>>>> >>>> Ray Krause>>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> Sent from my iPad>>>> >>>>> On Aug 13, 2015, at 12:03 PM, AircamperN11MS wrote:>>>>> >>>>> >>>>> Douwe,>>>>> >>>>> How was the fly-in? I'll bet it was great. You guys in the east seem tohave more grass roots fly-ins than we do on the west coast. I sure wish I couldattend those. It's just not close enough for me. >>>>> >>>>> Cheers,>>>>> >>>>> -------->>>>> Scott Liefeld>>>>> Flying N11MS since March 1972>>>>> Steel Tube>>>>> C-85-12>>>>> Wire Wheels>>>>> Brodhead in 1996>>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> Read this topic online here:>>>>> >>>>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 901#445901>>>> ===================================>>>> ===================================>>>> ===================================>>>> ===================================>>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Heritage flyin Dayton
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Andre B. Charvet"
Stitching is fun.....at first. Then it gets a bit repetitive. By the way Ray your plane is looking great. I'm really excited about it. Mike GroahSent from my iPad> On Aug 14, 2015, at 7:55 PM, Gary Boothe wrote:> > > "Stitching is fun...stitching is fun....stitching is fun..."> > > Sent from my iPhone> >> On Aug 14, 2015, at 8:44 PM, Ray Krause wrote:>> >> >> Gary and Jim,>> >> Thanks, I got the fabric on the bottom of the left wing, it's all taught, readyto turn it over and do the top side, then stitching...ugh!>> >> Ray>> >> >> Sent from my iPad>> >>> On Aug 14, 2015, at 7:26 AM, Gary Boothe wrote:>>> >>> >>> Beautiful, Ray!!>>> >>> Sent from my iPad>>> >>>> On Aug 13, 2015, at 1:56 PM, Ray Krause wrote:>>>> >>>> Maybe all those nice, green grass strips has something to do with that?>>>> >>>> Starting on covering the wings. The workshop gave birth to the fuselage lastMonday. Making progress.>>>> >>>> Ray Krause>>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> Sent from my iPad>>>> >>>>> On Aug 13, 2015, at 12:03 PM, AircamperN11MS wrote:>>>>> >>>>> >>>>> Douwe,>>>>> >>>>> How was the fly-in? I'll bet it was great. You guys in the east seem tohave more grass roots fly-ins than we do on the west coast. I sure wish I couldattend those. It's just not close enough for me. >>>>> >>>>> Cheers,>>>>> >>>>> -------->>>>> Scott Liefeld>>>>> Flying N11MS since March 1972>>>>> Steel Tube>>>>> C-85-12>>>>> Wire Wheels>>>>> Brodhead in 1996>>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> Read this topic online here:>>>>> >>>>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 901#445901>>>> ===================================>>>> ===================================>>>> ===================================>>>> ===================================>>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 08:33:06 -0400Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Heritage flyin Dayton
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Mong Sport Biplane for sale on ebay

Post by matronics »

Jack: anytime you want to identify an owner go to http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry ... y.aspxRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "taildrags"
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: BPA NewsletterOK pick one and start writing.I am fiddling with a Pietenpol accidents and safety article. Yes it is arehash/rewrite of our previous discussions, but it will be put together inone article.Blue Skies,On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Gerrit-Jan Kaal wrote:> All of the above ;-)>> On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 6:11 PM, Steven Dortch > wrote:>>> Hey guys, I enjoyed my BPA newsletter. I understand the need for>> articles. What do we want in the newsletter?>>>> Painting?>> Sources for engines?>> Discussions on safety?>> New things you have tried?>> Instrument panel ideas? IE should I put a full IFR glass panel in my Piet>> including an autopilot? (that ought to get some discussion.)>> Radio ideas?>> Funny stories?>> trips?>> Warnings?>> Training?>> Hangar organization? Hangar ideas?>> FAA problems?>> A discussion on the varieties of Piets, (Scout, Aircamper, Air Camper,>> Ariel, side by side...)>>>> Where should we send these articles?>>>>>> -->> Blue Skies,>> Steve D>>>> *>>>> " target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pietenpol-List >> tp://forums.matronics.com >> _blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution >>>> *>>>>> *>>> *>>-- Blue Skies,Steve D________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Heritage flyin Dayton
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: John Hofmann
Most of the flying I've done with Scout has been out of San Geronimo Airpark, whichis 3000'x40', paved, but I could easily operate off of half of it. In fact,I most enjoyed operating off of the grass area to one side of the paved runwayand it was no more than half the length of the paved runway and had treesand brush along the approach end. 2700' should be no problem at all.--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 powerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Oscar, Scott, Gary, etc,I will get in contact with Cliff Johnsen and see if his offer is still open. Wouldbe fun to fly there, maybe for all the Piets in Ca and Or? I will try to gosee Cliff this fall, when almond harvest over.Maybe this fall, or in the Spring for a gathering?Ray KrausePS: I think he said he had the engine overhauled on Bill's plane and some otherworkSent from my iPad> On Aug 15, 2015, at 5:20 PM, taildrags wrote:> > > Most of the flying I've done with Scout has been out of San Geronimo Airpark,which is 3000'x40', paved, but I could easily operate off of half of it. Infact, I most enjoyed operating off of the grass area to one side of the pavedrunway and it was no more than half the length of the paved runway and had treesand brush along the approach end. 2700' should be no problem at all.> > --------> Oscar Zuniga> Medford, OR> Air Camper NX41CC "Scout"> A75 power> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 008#446008> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Douwe,Then you should where Quartz Hill is. That's where I live. I keep the plane atFox Field in Lancaster. I just flew down to Santa Paula two weeks ago. I lovethat airport. Great history there. My daughter, son in law and two grand kids live in Santa Clarita. If you ever makeit back here, look me up. I would certainly like to meet you in person.It's a small world,Cheers,--------Scott LiefeldFlying N11MS since March 1972Steel TubeC-85-12Wire WheelsBrodhead in 1996Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Heritage flyin Dayton
matronics

Post by matronics »

Ray,I guess I got some bad information. 2700' is three times our need. Without brakesand landing on asphalt I need 700' to get stopped. Take offs??? I only needa 100' or so. I say we need to pay him a visit.--------Scott LiefeldFlying N11MS since March 1972Steel TubeC-85-12Wire WheelsBrodhead in 1996Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Heritage flyin Dayton
matronics

Post by matronics »

Modified Seine Knot, here. Prop wash areas get 2 1/2" spacing. Good luck tomorrow!Sent from my iPhone> On Aug 16, 2015, at 4:12 PM, Jim Boyer wrote:> > Hi Gary and Ray;> What rib stitching knot do you use? I used Staggerwing knot on tail surfaces. Ray Marv and I will be rib stitching my first wing tomorrow.> Good luck Ray; PS did you space all knots 2 1/2 inches or 2 inches within prop blast?> Thanks,> Jim> > > 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D> ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

I used the Modified Sein knot because the demo video is so pleasing to watch! I could watch the demo all day long! I'm sure the demonstrator wants a ride in my plane when it is done. Hmmm, but it is only a one holer. Maybe it could be figured out!https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y-oU1ikcAARaySent from my iPad> On Aug 16, 2015, at 4:12 PM, Jim Boyer wrote:> > Hi Gary and Ray;> What rib stitching knot do you use? I used Staggerwing knot on tail surfaces. Ray Marv and I will be rib stitching my first wing tomorrow.> Good luck Ray; PS did you space all knots 2 1/2 inches or 2 inches within prop blast?> Thanks,> Jim> > > 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D> ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

So, did you do 2.5" on everything?RaySent from my iPad> On Aug 16, 2015, at 4:24 PM, Gary Boothe wrote:> > Modified Seine Knot, here. Prop wash areas get 2 1/2" spacing. Good luck tomorrow!> > Sent from my iPhone> >> On Aug 16, 2015, at 4:12 PM, Jim Boyer wrote:>> >> Hi Gary and Ray;>> What rib stitching knot do you use? I used Staggerwing knot on tail surfaces. Ray Marv and I will be rib stitching my first wing tomorrow.>> Good luck Ray; PS did you space all knots 2 1/2 inches or 2 inches within prop blast?>> Thanks,>> Jim> > 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D> ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

I will contact him as soon as almond and walnut harvests are done. I will keepyou informed.I studied the Modified Seine Knot video and it was pretty easy to understand. Yes,my wife might end up helping, if not my grandson!Be sure to check out the video!Rayhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y-oU1ikcAASent from my iPad> On Aug 16, 2015, at 2:49 PM, AircamperN11MS wrote:> > > Ray,> > I guess I got some bad information. 2700' is three times our need. Without brakesand landing on asphalt I need 700' to get stopped. Take offs??? I only needa 100' or so. > I say we need to pay him a visit.> > --------> Scott Liefeld> Flying N11MS since March 1972> Steel Tube> C-85-12> Wire Wheels> Brodhead in 1996> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 039#446039> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Charles N. Campbell"
When I was learning to fly, my old Marine instructor took me to Chico Municipalairport KCIC which was then just and "almost abandoned" airport. It seemed likeit was a mile long and .5 miles wide. On windy days he had me land the Aeroncafrom every which direction to practice cross wind landings, downwind, etc.landing back at Ranchero was then pretty simple!RaySent from my iPad> On Aug 16, 2015, at 2:51 PM, AircamperN11MS wrote:> > > The runway at home is 150' long and 7,000' wide. Really. :)> > --------> Scott Liefeld> Flying N11MS since March 1972> Steel Tube> C-85-12> Wire Wheels> Brodhead in 1996> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 040#446040> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 19:56:18 -0400Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Heritage flyin Dayton
matronics

Post by matronics »

Chuck,Any rules on where the prop blast is? Farther out on the left wing (how many ribs)? How far out on the right? I just did 2" on all the control surfaces. Maybe overkill, but the runs are so short.Ray KrauseSent from my iPad> On Aug 16, 2015, at 4:56 PM, Charles N. Campbell wrote:> > I believe the rule is 3-1/2 inches for airplanes of our airspeed. It looks better if you just halve that figure to 1-3/4 inches in the prop blast area (plus one rib). Chuck> >> On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 7:12 PM, Jim Boyer wrote:>> Hi Gary and Ray;>> What rib stitching knot do you use? I used Staggerwing knot on tail surfaces. Ray Marv and I will be rib stitching my first wing tomorrow.>> Good luck Ray; PS did you space all knots 2 1/2 inches or 2 inches within prop blast?>> Thanks,>> Jim>> >> >> >> 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>> 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>> 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>> 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>> > > > 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D> ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

No, just a couple ribs. 3 1/2" everywhere else...Sent from my iPhone> On Aug 16, 2015, at 4:42 PM, Ray Krause wrote:> > So, did you do 2.5" on everything?> > Ray> > Sent from my iPad> >> On Aug 16, 2015, at 4:24 PM, Gary Boothe wrote:>> >> Modified Seine Knot, here. Prop wash areas get 2 1/2" spacing. Good luck tomorrow!>> >> Sent from my iPhone>> >>> On Aug 16, 2015, at 4:12 PM, Jim Boyer wrote:>>> >>> Hi Gary and Ray;>>> What rib stitching knot do you use? I used Staggerwing knot on tail surfaces. Ray Marv and I will be rib stitching my first wing tomorrow.>>> Good luck Ray; PS did you space all knots 2 1/2 inches or 2 inches within prop blast?>>> Thanks,>>> Jim> > 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D> ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

That sounds good. 3.5" saves a lot of stitches.Thanks,RaySent from my iPad> On Aug 16, 2015, at 5:28 PM, Gary Boothe wrote:> > No, just a couple ribs. 3 1/2" everywhere else...> > Sent from my iPhone> >> On Aug 16, 2015, at 4:42 PM, Ray Krause wrote:>> >> So, did you do 2.5" on everything?>> >> Ray>> >> Sent from my iPad>> >>> On Aug 16, 2015, at 4:24 PM, Gary Boothe wrote:>>> >>> Modified Seine Knot, here. Prop wash areas get 2 1/2" spacing. Good luck tomorrow!>>> >>> Sent from my iPhone>>> >>>> On Aug 16, 2015, at 4:12 PM, Jim Boyer wrote:>>>> >>>> Hi Gary and Ray;>>>> What rib stitching knot do you use? I used Staggerwing knot on tail surfaces. Ray Marv and I will be rib stitching my first wing tomorrow.>>>> Good luck Ray; PS did you space all knots 2 1/2 inches or 2 inches within prop blast?>>>> Thanks,>>>> Jim>> >> >> D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>> npol-List"">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pietenpol-List>> D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>> //forums.matronics.com>> D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>> ot;">http://www.matronics.com/contribution>> D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>> > > 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D> ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Charles N. Campbell"
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Heritage flyin Dayton
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: goffelectric(at)comcast.net
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steven Dortch
Chuck,Thanks! Nope, that is very clear. I started punching holes for the stitching today and went out three ribs from the center section with 2.5" spacing. The rest will be 3.5". That's kind of a conglomeration of all the advise I got from my friends. Since this is a SkyScout with an A-65, I'm planning on a max speed of 125MPH!Thanks,RaySent from my iPad> On Aug 17, 2015, at 5:10 PM, Charles N. Campbell wrote:> > OK. Measure 1/2 the length of the prop. Use this figure from the center line of the center section and measure out that length on the wing. Go one more rib for the 1/2 spacing. Is that confusing? Chuck> >> On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 8:19 PM, Ray Krause wrote:>> Chuck,>> >> Any rules on where the prop blast is? Farther out on the left wing (how many ribs)? How far out on the right? I just did 2" on all the control surfaces. Maybe overkill, but the runs are so short.>> >> Ray Krause>> >> >> >> Sent from my iPad>> >>> On Aug 16, 2015, at 4:56 PM, Charles N. Campbell wrote:>>> >>> I believe the rule is 3-1/2 inches for airplanes of our airspeed. It looks better if you just halve that figure to 1-3/4 inches in the prop blast area (plus one rib). Chuck>>> >>>> On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 7:12 PM, Jim Boyer wrote:>>>> Hi Gary and Ray;>>>> What rib stitching knot do you use? I used Staggerwing knot on tail surfaces. Ray Marv and I will be rib stitching my first wing tomorrow.>>>> Good luck Ray; PS did you space all knots 2 1/2 inches or 2 inches within prop blast?>>>> Thanks,>>>> Jim>>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>>>> 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>>>> 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>>>> 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>>>> >>> >>> >>> >>> D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>>> npol-List"">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pietenpol-List>>> D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>>> //forums.matronics.com>>> D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>>> ot;">http://www.matronics.com/contribution>>> D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>>> >> >> >> " target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pietenpol-List>> tp://forums.matronics.com>> _blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution>> > > > 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D> ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Heritage flyin DaytonSo your truck will pull a trailer 125 MPH? wow.Steve DOn Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 10:09 PM, Ray Krause wrote:> Chuck,>> Thanks! Nope, that is very clear. I started punching holes for the> stitching today and went out three ribs from the center section with 2.5"> spacing. The rest will be 3.5". That's kind of a conglomeration of all the> advise I got from my friends. Since this is a SkyScout with an A-65, I'm> planning on a max speed of 125MPH!>> Thanks,>> Ray>> Sent from my iPad>> On Aug 17, 2015, at 5:10 PM, Charles N. Campbell charlescampbell1924(at)gmail.com> wrote:>> OK. Measure 1/2 the length of the prop. Use this figure from the center> line of the center section and measure out that length on the wing. Go one> more rib for the 1/2 spacing. Is that confusing? Chuck>> On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 8:19 PM, Ray Krause > wrote:>>> Chuck,>>>> Any rules on where the prop blast is? Farther out on the left wing (how>> many ribs)? How far out on the right? I just did 2" on all the control>> surfaces. Maybe overkill, but the runs are so short.>>>> Ray Krause>>>>>>>> Sent from my iPad>>>> On Aug 16, 2015, at 4:56 PM, Charles N. Campbell > charlescampbell1924(at)gmail.com> wrote:>>>> I believe the rule is 3-1/2 inches for airplanes of our airspeed. It>> looks better if you just halve that figure to 1-3/4 inches in the prop>> blast area (plus one rib). Chuck>>>> On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 7:12 PM, Jim Boyer wrote:>>>>> Hi Gary and Ray;>>> What rib stitching knot do you use? I used Staggerwing knot on tail>>> surfaces. Ray Marv and I will be rib stitching my first wing tomorrow.>>> Good luck Ray; PS did you space all knots 2 1/2 inches or 2 inches>>> within prop blast?>>> Thanks,>>> Jim>>>>>>>>> *>>>>>> 3D============================================>>> 3D============================================>>> 3D============================================>>> 3D============================================>>>>>> *>>>>>>>> *>>>> D============================================>> npol-List"">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pietenpol-List >> D============================================>> //forums.matronics.com >> D============================================>> ot;">http://www.matronics.com/contribution >> D============================================>>>> *>>>> *>>>> " target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pietenpol-List >> tp://forums.matronics.com >> _blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution >>>> *>>>>> *>> D============================================> npol-List"">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pietenpol-List > D============================================> //forums.matronics.com > D============================================> ot;">http://www.matronics.com/contribution > D============================================>> *>> *>>> *>>-- Blue Skies,Steve D________________________________________________________________________________